missing cover art
DescriptionRedneck Rampage is a pseudo-3D first person shooter much like Duke Nukem 3D, with 2D sprites for enemies and other objects. In fact, it uses the same Build engine as Duke Nukem 3D.
Redneck Rampage also has a singularly unique setting... instead of taking place in an alien installation or secret government facility, the game is set in the backwater small town of Hickston, Arkansas.
It seems that a bunch of tabloid leather-fetish cyborg aliens have abducted the town's stereotypical redneck inhabitants and cloned them. The aliens have also abducted Bessie, the prize pig of brothers Leonard and Bubba. As Leonard you'll have to fight the local yokel clones as well as the aliens throughout Hickston to rescue your pig.
The 'Redneck' theme is used very heavily. Levels range from trailer parks to chicken processing plants, and the arsenal of odd weapons include a gun that shoots circular saws, a TNT crossbow, and even a machine gun bra. Also, instead of armor and health kits, you restore health and become tougher by drinking whisky and eating pork rinds. But if you drink too much you go into "drunk mode" with blurred vision and stumbling movement.
There are no Macintosh screenshots for this game.
There are 34 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
Part of the Following Groups
- 2.5D Engine: Build
- BPjS / BPjM indexed games
- Gameplay feature: Recordable replays
- Redneck Rampage series
There are no reviews for the Macintosh release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
The Press Says
|All Game Guide||1999||80|
|Mac Gamer||1999||50 out of 100||50|
|AppleLinks.Com||Sep 13, 1999||40|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaRedneck Rampage is worth rescuing from the bum bin for the 8 song hoot & Holler soundtrack (that can be played in any standard CD player)
- Mojo Nixon - UFOs Big Rigs & BBQ
- The Beat Farmers - Baby's Liquored Up
- The Reverend Horton Heat - Nurture My Pig
- Cement Pond - Trash Can
- The Beat Farmers - Gettin' Drunk
- The Reverend Horton Heat - Wiggle Stick
- Cement Pond - Vixen
- Mojo Nixon - You Can't Kill Me
Related Web Sites
- Bertram's Lair (Cool site for all games in the Redneck Series. Also, download 'Route 66' for free!)
- The Redneck Rampage Barnyard (Fan site with information and files.)
- The Redneck Rampage Webpage (Site with forum, cheats, various files and information.)
- Totally Redneck (Seems someone actually made a page for this game. Contains walkthroughs and custom levels for the game and the various add-on packs for it.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.