DescriptionInspired by Jules Verne's book The Mysterious Island, you play a young woman who is stranded on an uncharted island. Attempting to break a world record by sailing around the world by herself, Mina is washed overboard during a storm and manages to swim to a beach. She must learn to survive by finding food and shelter and will eventually find a way to explore the entire island. During her adventure, Mina stumbles upon a beautiful submarine .. Captain Nemo's Nautilus!
The game features a non-linear storyline and a unique inventory management system. The majority of its puzzles are inventory object related and have multiple solutions. Readers of Verne's book will recognize the locations and characters in the game. Achievements are logged with points, reminiscent of older Sierra games.
There are no Macintosh screenshots for this game.
There are 27 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
- "重返神秘岛" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "神秘島" -- Chinese spelling (traditional)
- "Возвращение на таинственный остров" -- Russianspelling
- "Tajuplný Ostrov" -- Czech title
- "Ritorno all'Isola Misteriosa" -- Italian title
- "Return to Mysterious Island: Powrót na tajemniczą wyspę" -- Polish title
- "Retour sur l’Ile Mystérieuse" -- French title
- "Retorno a la isla misteriosa" -- Spanish title
- "Jules Verne's Return to Mysterious Island (Deluxe Edition)" -- iPad title
- "Jules Verne's Return To Mysterious Island" -- iPhone title
- "Die Rückkehr Zur Geheimnisvollen Insel" -- German title
Part of the Following Groups
- Animals: Primates (monkeys or apes)
- Inspiration: Author - Jules Verne
- Inspiration: Literature
- Protagonist: Female
- Return to Mysterious Island series
- Theme: Steampunk
There are no reviews for the Macintosh release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|LudoMac||Aug 11, 2009||6.5 out of 10||65|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Developer Site (Kheops Studio Return to Mysterious Island pages)
- Hints for Return to Mysterious Island (UHS Hint File for Return to Mysterious Island. Provides question and answer type hints designed to help you solve the puzzles yourself. Includes final solutions.)
- MaGtRo's Walkthrough (Complete solution)
- Publisher web site (The Adventure Company page)
- Return to Mysterious Island (Official UK web site)
- Retur Sur L'ile Mysterieuse (Official French Site)
- Zarf's Review (A review of the PC version of Return to Mysterious Island by Andrew Plotkin (January, 2005).)