missing cover art
DescriptionIn this game, you control a historical character, Robert Ripley (1893-1949), a famous traveler and collector of rarities. One day, during a travel in Egypt, Ripley was attacked by mysterious Chinese assassins. The trail leads him and his Chinese girlfriend Mei Chen to the Forbidden City of Beijing. There he becomes involved in a mystery that will take him to exotic locations all around the globe.
The game plays like a traditional puzzle-solving adventure. Ripley will have to talk to various people, searching for information, but the main emphasis of the gameplay is still on puzzles, mainly inventory-based. The game features live actors filmed over pre-rendered backgrounds. Cut scenes are often presented as full-motion movies shown in small screens with close-up on the actors.
There are no Macintosh user screenshots for this game.
There are 41 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Ripley's Croyez-le ou non ! L'Enigme de Maître Lu" -- French title
- "Ripley's Believe It or Not!: L'enigma di Master Lu" -- Italian title
- "Das Rätsel des Master Lu" -- German title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for the Macintosh release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|William Lee||5||Terok Nor (25967)
Jul 03, 2013
TriviaThe Master Lu box cover is based on a painting by Dave Kramer (Oil on Woodpanel, 13 x 14.5), who wasn't credited.
Related Web Sites
- A Sequel To The Riddle of Master Lu? Believe it or Not! (Interview with Lee Sheldon about a sequel to Master Lu that didn't make it past pre-production.)
- DOSBox Setup (Inferno explains how to use DOSBox to play this game on your Windows system.)
- Game Nostalgia (Provides extensive background info for The Riddle of Master Lu, with pictures of the cast and examples of voice-overs, full credits with shots and info about the design team, a demo of the game, specific details about the game, various goodies, all musical themes, shots of every location in the game, saved games, a list of reviews, including a "nostalgic "review and tech specs. )
- UHS Hints-Page for the game (The Hints-Page on UHS)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.