missing cover art
DescriptionRipper is an interactive FMV adventure that is played out in the New York of 2040. Brutal killings reminiscent of Jack the Ripper soon get personal and you, crime reporter Jack Quinlan, must solve the mystery.
The game plays much like other Take 2 Interactive works, such as Black Dahlia. Solve puzzles and react quickly in combat settings to survive. There are 4 possible endings, and 3 hours of video footage.
There are no Macintosh screenshots for this game.
There are 40 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
- "凶兆" -- Chinese spelling (traditional)
- "L'Eventreur" -- French title
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for the Macintosh release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|Mac Ledge||Nov 13, 1996||8.1 out of 10||81|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaYour CD-Rom drive may not be recognized if it is not designated as Drive D.
In addition, it appears that Ripper was not made as a Windows "native" game. While it will run within a DOS window when started in Windows, problems with stuttering sound and lagging graphics are common. The game plays best from the DOS prompt using a Boot Disk.
Related Web Sites
- Hints for Ripper (Question and answer type hints lead you to the full solutions)
- Karen Allen's Ripper Page (More information and links about Ripper on a page by Karen Allen, one of the actresses in the game.)
- Playing Ripper in Windows XP (Inferno tells you exactly how to install and set up Ripper for your Windows XP computer)
- Ripper Walkthrough (Step by step guide)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.