missing cover art
DescriptionScania Truck Driving Simulator: The Game is a single player game with an on-line component whereby players can upload their scores and compete with / compare their skills with other players.
The game itself consists of five playable parts plus two reference sections. The playable parts are:
- The Driving License: Here the player undertakes a series of basic challenges that are designed to help the player become familiar with the controls and how a truck with a trailer behaves
- Driving Competition: Truck driving competitions are real sporting events with a dedicated following. In this section the player has to perform some of the manoeuvres that professional drivers have to undertake, these require precision driving and control to execute cleanly
- Freeform Driving: Here the player drives their truck along a section of countryside picking up loads and delivering them. The player chooses which trailer is to be collected and the route to the destination.
- Dangerous Drives: These are a series of scenarios ranging from mountain roads to flooded cities. As the game has developed additional scenarios have been released to enhance and expand the original game.
- Time Reaction Test: Here the player drives around a course and must stop when a hazard occurs. With the exception of the Freeform Driving section all the playable sections start with all but the first two challenges locked, completion of a challenge even with a zero score will unlock further challenges. Challenges are timed and score points, penalties are added for mistakes resulting in collisions, use of external points of view and accidents with other vehicles etc. The game records the player's best score and, if the player has been on-line with the game they can compare their score and time with the game's leader board. In September 2015 this leader board was still available but did not seem to be accepting new scores.
- Gallery and Media: This shows pictures and videos of the Scania range and the making of the game
- Online Resources: a series of links to the game's home page together with it's Facebook and Twitter links, Scania sites and the developer 's site. These links can be opened within the player's browser window by selecting the in-game link.
The reference sections are:
The game supports a variety of resolutions and multiple player profiles. The player profiles allow either a male or a female driver which can be seen when the trucks are viewed with one of the external camera angles, other than selecting the name and sex of their driver the player can choose whether they drive on the right or the left and set the colour of their truck.
The game customisation options allow the player to choose between a manual and an automatic gearbox, change the game language, and toggle the mirrors, tachometer and whether the engine is running or not at the start of a scenario/challenge.
There are no Macintosh user screenshots for this game.
There are 39 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for the Macintosh release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|wow||1||click here to win an iPhone9SSSS (2299)
Jan 26, 2015
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Scania Truck Driving Simulator: The Game (official website)
- IGCD Internet Game Cars Database (Game page on IGCD, a database that tries to archive vehicles found in video games.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.