missing cover art
DescriptionSurviving a dare by your friends to spend the night in a haunted museum is how Shivers begins, but it soon turns into a challenge of capturing the evil Ixupi, ghosts of South American legend, in pots scattered throughout the museum.
The game is similar to Myst in many aspects in that it's an adventure game with a 1st-person slideshow-type presentation. Though unlike Myst, you have a life meter and the Ixupi can steal life from it if you aren't careful.
There are no Macintosh screenshots for this game.
There are 18 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
Part of the Following Groups
- Game Engine: Sierra's Creative Interpreter (SCI)
- Shivers series
- Theme: Haunted house
- Visual technique / style: Live-action cutscenes
There are no reviews for the Macintosh release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|Mac Gamer||1995||90 out of 100||90|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaThe random play factor of this game was influenced by Mixed-Up Mother Goose Deluxe, according to Marcia Bales, the game designer.
Related Web Sites
- Playing Shivers in Windows XP (Inferno's page tells you how)
- Shivers Hints (These hints cover all of the puzzles in the game and help you solve them yourself.)
- Zarf's Review (A Macintosh review of Shivers by Andrew Plotkin (March, 1999).)