DescriptionSid Meier's Civilization V is the fifth game in this long-lived series, placing the player in control of a nascent civilization at the dawn of time and challenging them to rise to global dominance, through peaceful or military means. Beginning with a single settler to found a city, players are tasked with exploring their surroundings, growing their empire, researching new technologies to aid them, and negotiating with other, rival civilizations - trading with them, forming alliances and pacts, or waging war.
While the basic concepts of this game are broadly similar to previous games in the series, some major changes have been made. Chief among these is a change from the squares-based map of all previous Civilization games to a hexagon-based system; now, moving in a diagonal offers the same movement as in any other direction (as opposed to a squares-based system, where a diagonal is strictly faster than either vertically or horizontally). In addition, religions have been removed from the game, while the policies system - allowing the player to customise their rule, gaining various perks or bonuses - has been significantly overhauled, requiring players to purchase policies with culture. Ranged units have also been tweaked, allowing archers to bombard enemy units or cities from afar.
There are no Macintosh user screenshots for this game.
There are 39 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
- "文明帝國 V" -- Chinese spelling (traditional)
- "Цивилизация 5" -- Russian informal spelling
- "Civilization 5" -- Common name
Part of the Following Groups
- Civilization series
- Game feature: Hexagonal map
- Game with Creator's name
- Middleware: Nvidia 3D Vision
- Sid Meier's licensees
There are no reviews for the Macintosh release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|MacLife||Dec 20, 2010||100|
|Inside Mac Games (IMG)||Dec 20, 2010||9.25 out of 10||92|
|Macworld||Jan 14, 2011||70|
There are currently no topics for this game.
- 2010 – #3 Best PC Game of the Year
- 2010 – #3 Best Strategy Game of the Year
- 2010 – PC Game of the Year
- 2010 – Strategy Game of the Year
Related Web Sites
- Civilization V (official game website)
- IGCD Internet Game Cars Database (Game page on IGCD, a database that tries to archive vehicles found in video games.)
- Sid Meier's Civilization V Manual (Official English v1.0.manual (PDF) may be viewed or downloaded here.)
- Wikipedia: Sid Meier's Civilization V (article in the open encyclopedia about the game)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.