is the successor to the city simulation game Sim City
. You are once again the mayor, but this time you can fully customize the terrain before building your city. The graphics are isometric, whereas the original had graphics displayed in a top-down fashion.
This title adds numerous features over the original such as the ability of building "light" zones, subways, hospitals, colleges, zoos, and arcos which are actually cities in cities. You can now give names to places, and your city is surrounded by neighboring towns with which you can make trade. Finally, instead of the poll in the first game you now have the option of reading several newspapers to get an idea of your progress.
- "模拟城市2000" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "סים סיטי 2000" -- Hebrew spelling
- "SimCity 2000: The Ultimate City Simulator" -- Tag-lined title
- "SimCity 2000: Symulator Buddwy I Rozwoju Miasta" -- Polish tag-lined title
- "SimCity 2000: La Super-Simulation D'Urbanisme" -- French tag-lined title
- "SimCity 2000: Der ultimative Städte-Simulator" -- German tag-lined title
- "Sim City 2000" -- Alternate spelling
- "SC2K" -- Formal abbreviation
- "SC2000" -- Informal abbreviation
- "シムシティー2000" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
1001 Video Games
appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die
by General Editor Tony Mott.
is viewed from a dimetric rather than isometric perspective. This means that two sides of an object are at the same angle, while the other is not.
Few gamers must have noticed that trees actually multiply in
this game. Leave the game running for a few days at top speed with all automatic functions, a surplus budget and disabled disasters and you'll see the results. This leaves the game in a useless state as environmental activists complain each time you to try to build something on a square.
Information also contributed by
- Computer Gaming World
- November 1996 (15th anniversary issue) – #12 Hardest Computer Game
- Electronic Entertainment
- March 1994 – Editors' Choice Awards: Best Game (Honorable Mention)
- PC Gamer
- April 2000 - #20 in the "Readers All-Time Top 50 Games" poll
- April 2005 - #29 in the "50 Best Games of All Time" list
- Power Play
- Issue 02/1995 – Best Simulation in 1994
Related Web Sites
(23941) added SimCity 2000
(Macintosh) on Apr 13, 2006
Other platforms contributed by Picard
(12986), Kohler 86
(177552), Martin Smith
(62806), Adam Baratz
(1908), Игги Друге
(44977), Unicorn Lynx
(174076), Ronald Diemicke
(1147) and Denis Grangé