Written by  :  Katie Cadet (9000)
Written on  :  Jan 21, 2017
Platform  :  Macintosh
read more reviews by Katie Cadet

Summary

City-building for the Macintosh at its finest!

The Good

This game was bundled on my newly acquired Macintosh Centris 650 (68040 with a floating point math co-processor) running System 7.1. Some of the sound effects were improved but the gameplay is still the same as with its DOS counterpart, but I think Maxis (the creator behind this game) worked on improving the original SimCity in a 3-D perspective, which is really cool. One reason is that SimCity 2000 was "originally" developed for the Macintosh and that's why I think this city-building game is still the best around on this platform of choice for this review. Believe me!

The Bad

None at the moment.

The Bottom Line

For me, the game is a must have for anyone! But this game should be good enough for a 68040 or Power Macintosh computer running System 7. (And yes, I have a Macintosh Centris 650 which I told you earlier that the game was pre-loaded on it.) Looking back at this game gave me good memories on the Windows 9x side, but for the Macintosh, it's a pretty different world out there, and SimCity 2000 revolutionizes the Macintosh Gaming Industry of the early 90s. Definitely a good grab for anyone who likes city-building games for the Macintosh.