missing cover art
DescriptionRoger Wilco, the brave interstellar janitor who has already saved the universe from many great dangers, is now in a very embarrassing position. His commanders show no respect for his courageous actions in the previous game. Instead, he is being accused of all kinds of violations against the galactic law, is deprived of all the honors he got in the previous game, and as a token of mercy, is allowed to return to his old job - cleaning closets... But those unfortunate events are just the beginning of much bigger troubles Roger will get into. Once again, the future of galaxy depends on him!
Space Quest 6 is the first game in the series to be released exclusively on a CD ROM. The game continues the humorous tradition of the series and is especially inclined towards parody of popular sci-fi movies. It features SVGA graphics and voice-overs for conversations and text descriptions. The interface is slightly different from icon-based system used by Sierra in many other adventure games: the player chooses verbs from a menu that appears at the bottom of the screen, similarly to earlier LucasArts titles. Unlike all previous Space Quest installments, the game allows the player to retry immediately in case Roger dies, without the need to restore a previously saved game.
There are no Macintosh screenshots for this game.
There are 80 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
- "מסע בחלל 6" -- Hebrew spelling
- "SQ6" -- Common abbreviation
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for the Macintosh release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
The Press Says
|Mac Gamer||1996||65 out of 100||65|
|All Game Guide||1998||60|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|Game crashes at the funeral||2||rr 44 (1)
Nov 04, 2014
DemoThe demo for the game was not taken from the game itself but was a small independent game of its own.
DevelopmentThis game was originally written and designed by Josh Mandel, but he left Sierra for management reasons and original Space Quest creator Scott Murphy took over and put on the finishing touches. This partially explains the inconsistent nature of some of the puzzles, since Josh and Scott didn't get as much communication done as they should have and certain details in the game were overlooked in the transition.
- When attending Santiago's funeral on the Holocabana check out the graveyard keeper... It's the same one from Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers.
- After forcing Magnum (the bully guard to the Shuttle Bay) his medication, he morphs through various states until he's finally knocked out: among them the dancing frog from Looney Tunes' One Froggy Evening and an Elton John-esque abomination giving a impression of Mark Seibert's cheesy Girl in the Tower, the title song of King's Quest VI: Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow (CD-ROM version).
TitleThe game was almost called Where in Corpsman Santiago is Roger Wilco? until Broderbund threatened to sue.
Vulgar Nerve PinchCan't work out what Roger is saying when he does the "Vulgar Nerve Pinch"? If you've set the game to display text, the dialogue provides no help; all it says is "O, mumble ... mumble ... mumble".. So here is what Roger is actually saying is:
"Ohh, boy I got you with my fingers and your Kurt Russell now you can't get awai gotcha now that you gotta ... Hard to believe this is a real job (inaudible sound) Oh, my (inaudible sound). So, how come you're not going tonight I got you with your mumbo-jumbo and your (inaudible sound) Whew, boy, I oughta ... If I only could I would, jeez. If you ... Why don't you step outside, pal? I got you with ... this and the ... Mmm, I think I broke a fingernail here."
- PC Player (Germany)
- Issue 01/1996 - Most Illogical Puzzles in 1995
- Power Play
- Issue 02/1996 – Best Adventure in 1995
Related Web Sites
Terok Nor (19024) added Space Quest 6: Roger Wilco in the Spinal Frontier (Macintosh) on Apr 01, 2007
- Hints for SQ6 (These questions and answers will help you solve the game without spoiling it.)
- SpaceQuest.Net - Space Quest 6 (Extremely comprehensive site about Space Quest 6: Basic game information, hints, documentation, downloads and behind the scenes stuff, for example a downloadable PDF manual, scans of the official hint book, easter eggs, fun facts, cancelled stuff etc. etc. etc.)
- SpaceQuest.Net - Space Quest 7 (A comprehensive story of the events from 1997 to 1999 leading to the cancellation of the next Space Quest, as well as rumors of a new Space Quest starting in 2002.)
- Unofficial Space Quest 7 (Could be just a dream, but at the very least, a good one.)
- PC Player (Germany)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.