You’ve watched the greatest battles in the galaxy: Now join them! Experience the greatest Star Wars® battles like never before—from the front lines. Use any vehicle or weapon to take the Empire head on or crush the Rebellion. Go solo or command the strength of an army at your back in Star Wars Battlefront ™.
- Battle anywhere: Experience combat at every level, from the ground to the air.
- Pick teams: Fight with or against your friends in online battles with up to 16 players via XboxLive.
- Pick sides: With 20 different soldier choices, play as Rebels, Imperials, Clone Troopers, or Battledroids.
- Pick vessels: Pilot more than 30 different vehicles from the Star Wars universe, including X-Wings, snowspeeders, and AT-AT's.
Contributed by havoc of smeg (16480) on Oct 08, 2010.
- Pick your side - Rebels, imperials, clone troopers or battle droids.
- Battle on unique planets from the entire Star Wars saga.
- Fight up to sixteen players in massive online battles!
- Choose your soldier wisely - each unit has different weapons and capabilities.
- Pilot over thirty vehicles including AT-AT's, X-wings and snowspeeders.
LIVE THE BATTLESFight as a soldier on the front lines where every weapon and vehicle you see is yours. Take the Empire head on or crush the Rebellion - by yourself or with an army behind you!
Contributed by Big John WV (25482) on Mar 16, 2009.
Jetzt kämpfst du als Soldat an vorderster Front, zu Fuss oder in einem der mächtigen Fahrzeuge. Besiege das Imperium oder vernichte die Rebellen - alleine oder mit deiner Armee im Multiplayer! FEATURES: - Wähle eine Seite - Rebellen, Imperium, Klontruppen oder Kampfdroiden - Steige in eins der über zwei Dutzend Fahrzeuge im Spiel, darunter mächtige AT-ATs, X-wings oder Schneegleiter - Trage Schlachten auf den einzigartigen Planeten der Star Wars-Saga aus - Tritt in gigantischen Online-Schlachten gegen bis zu sechzehn Spieler an - Triff eine sorgfältige Waffenauswahl - jeder Soldat hat andere Waffen und Fähigkeiten.
Contributed by Xoleras (66052) on Apr 28, 2008.
Relive the galactic rebellion against the Empire or take on the Republic as a Separatist Droid, in the most epic Star Wars game to date.
- All the major ground battles from the six blockbuster Star Wars movies, including Revenge of the Sith
- Choose from over 20 unique unit types from the four warring factions
- Over 15 ground and air vehicles
- An arsenal of Star Wars weapons including blaster rifles, thermal detonators, Bowcasters and gun emplacements
- Massive battles both on and offline
The films may be all about the Jedi, but what about the untold stories of the frontline grunts who live and breathe the hi-tech battles of the Star Wars universe? Well now's your chance to step into their boots and relive the pivotal battles of the six Star Wars films and beyond. Online or offline, you can 'do your bit' as a brave Rebel fighter or an Imperial soldier, or head into the Clone Wars era and fight as a Clone Trooper or a Separatist Battle Droid. A galaxy far, far away needs you.
The intense action of the six Star Wars movies invades you PS2 in the form of a massive, team-based third-person shoot 'em up. Relive the action from The Phantom Menace all the way through to The Return of the Jedi, including battles from the latest movie, Episode III: Revenge of the Sith.
Participate in battles across 15 environments on 10 familiar Star Wars planets, including Yavin, Endor, Hoth, Kamino and Geonosis, and select your soldier from the eras' combatants. Choose from over 20 soldier types, including Stormtrooper Scouts, Wookiee Smugglers, Clone Jet Troopers and the devastating rolling Droidekas. Each unit has its own specialised abilities, so choosing the best one for your style of play is essential.
But you're not alone on the battlefield. Your forces consist of up to 16 players per team, which can be further swelled if short of players (or playing offline) with computer-controlled combatants. You'll also have the chance to pilot recognisable vehicles from the Star Wars universe including Speeder Bikes, AT-STs, X-Wings, Kaadu beasts and Republic Assault Ships, many of which can hold multiple people.
Star Wars Battlefront offers several game modes such as Conquest mode, where you strive for galactic supremacy. Every planet you conquer allows you to access its 'bonus' ability in subsequent battles. This includes jamming an opponent's radar, calling for support from a Jedi or Sith, and bringing down the immense power of the Death Star on your opponents.
Are you ready for the ultimate Star Wars experience? Then you'd better volunteer for the Battlefront.
Contributed by DreinIX (9398) on Apr 03, 2008.
Wem die gigantischen Schlachten der Star Wars schon im Film gut gefallen haben, der wird Star Wars Battlefront lieben! Erlebe selbst die riesigen Schlachtfelder des Star Wars-Universums aus jeder Zeitepoche, von Episode I bis Episode
VI – mit einem exklusiven Ausblick auf das spannende Finale – Star Wars: EPISODE III. Vier Seiten, vier Armeen, vier Ziele: Entscheide dich entweder für das Imperium, die Separatistendroiden, die Republik oder tritt den Rebellen bei. Für welche von vier Seiten du dich auch entscheidest – die Schlachten werden episch sein!
Contributed by Xoleras (66052) on Nov 03, 2005.
Star Wars Battlefront is an action/shooter game that gives fans and gamers the opportunity to re-live and participate in all of the classic Star Wars battles like never before. Players can select one of a number of different soldier types, jump into any vehicle, man any turret on the battlefront and conquer the galaxy planet-by-planet online with their friends or offline in a variety of single player modes. Single player modes include "Instant Action," "Galactic Conquest" and the story-based "Historical Campaigns" mode that lets gamers experience all of the epic Star Wars battles from Episodes I-VI, fighting from the perspective of each of the four factions within the game.
- First and third-person gameplay – depending on player preference.
- Three single player modes including "Instant Action," "Galactic Conquest" and the story-based "Historical Campaigns" mode.
- Multiplayer: 16 players on PlayStation 2 with a dedicated host, 24 players on Xbox with a dedicated or non-dedicated host, 32 players on PC with a dedicated or non-dedicated Server
- Split-screen mode for multiplayer 'offline' play.
- Battle in more than 12 environments across 10 diverse planets from the classic Trilogy and Clone Wars eras including Hoth, Endor, Tatooine, Kamino and Geonosis.
- 20 different soldier types from 4 factions: Rebel Alliance, Galactic Empire, Republic Clone Army and Separatist Battle Droids. Soldier types include standard infantry, scouts, heavy weapons and pilots - each will have their own unique abilities.
- More than 30 Star Wars weapons including blaster rifles, rocket launchers and thermal detonators, in addition to ground-based turret guns that can be manned and used to defend command posts.
- More than 25 diverse ground and air vehicles including the AT-ST, X-Wing, and speeder bike, as well as the massive Republic Gunship that can hold up to five different soldiers.
- Customizable controls on all systems.
- Requires PlayStation 2 network adapter, Xbox Live kit and Internet PC for online multiplayer games.
Contributed by Sciere (360870) on Jan 15, 2005.