DescriptionSet loosely between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope, Star Wars: Empire at War is a strategy game spread over the Galactic Empire. Players command either the Imperial or Rebel forces and engage the enemy in space and on land, while boosting their own economies and building units and support buildings. In addition to classic Star Wars units and vehicles, Empire at War also includes heroes units. Players can control Darth Vader, Han Solo, and many other classic characters.
Space combat allows the player control over squads of smaller starcraft and larger capital ships. Enemy hardpoints can be targeted allowing players to knock out shield generators, flight hangers, and other ship systems. Land combat is unit and vehicle-based and relies on securing reinforcement points to land additional forces and using build points to construct defenses.
Empire at War offers several modes of game play. The Empire and the Rebellion each have their own story-based campaign, there are several freeform campaign options where players can adjust the settings and select the victory conditions. Empire at War also supports multiplayer options online.
There are no Macintosh user screenshots for this game.
There are 46 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
- "Star Wars:L'impero in guerra" -- Italian title
- "Star Wars: El Imperio en Guerra" -- Spanish title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for the Macintosh release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|Games4Mac||2007||86 out of 100||86|
|Macworld||Jul 27, 2007||80|
|Inside Mac Games (IMG)||Apr 27, 2007||7 out of 10||70|
|MacLife||Jun 25, 2007||60|
|Mac Observer||Apr 29, 2007||60|
|NowGamer||Feb 20, 2007||4 out of 10||40|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaStar Wars: Empire at War was named #10 "Game of the Year" by Computer Games Magazine (March 2007).
Related Web Sites
- Star Wars: Empire at War (official website)
- Empire at War.net (This Lucas Fan Network site compiles news and reviews from across the web, acts as a meeting place for fans of the game, and has news about mods.)
- Star Wars: Empire at War (The official site offers the latest news, faqs, and forums.)
- The Fate of the Galaxies Hangs in the Balance (An Apple Games article about the Macintosh version of Empire at War, with commentary being provided by Producer Michael Fetterman (March, 2007).)