DescriptionFollowing his successes for the Rebel Alliance in the previous game, the adventures of the starfighter pilot "Rookie One" continue. While out scouting in the Dreighton Nebula, Rookie One's patrols receive a distress call from a freighter. As this is an area where ships are known to disappear, any deviation from the flight path is dangerous. But what they find is an Imperial presence where there shouldn't be one... and a new secret project to bring about the destruction of the Rebel Alliance.
Rebel Assault II is a rail-shooter "interactive movie" featuring a variety of action sequences. Rookie One will fly sequences in an X-Wing, the Millennium Falcon, speeder bikes and being on foot. His only real ability is the precise targeting and shooting of laser weapon and occasionally the chance to take cover and avoid obstacles. Rookie One will team up with other characters who will aid him and need to be defended in turn. Occasionally different paths can be chosen in the animation and different events triggered, but for the most part the game is a closed environment.
There are no Macintosh user screenshots for this game.
There are 26 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
There are no promo images for this game
- "絕地大反攻2" -- Chinese spelling (traditional)
- "Star Wars: Rebel Assault II: El Imperio Oculto" -- Spanish title
Part of the Following Groups
- Genre: Rail shooter
- Live action cut-scenes
- PlayStation Platinum Range releases
- Star Wars licensees
- Star Wars: Rebel Assault series
There are no reviews for the Macintosh release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|Mac Ledge||1996||94 out of 100||94|
|Joystick (French)||Feb, 1996||85 out of 100||85|
|High Score||May, 1996||4 out of 5||80|
|Macworld||Jun, 1996||3.9 out of 10||39|
|Génération 4||Feb, 1996||33|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaThe cloaked TIE Fighters appeared in "X-Wing Alliance" as well. The Super Star Destroyer "Terror" has been referred to in some books and comic books, and its mysterious mission and purpose slightly alluded to.
Related Web Sites
- Brad Pack's Ultimate Rebel Assault 2 Home Page (This home page will help you beat Rebel Assault 2: The Hidden Empire at ANY level with or without cheating, and will help you discover many secrets you may not have known were in the game. Rebel Assault 2 has probably more easter eggs (programmer secrets), special modes, and spoilers than any other computer game.
-- Brad Pack's own description of his site. )
- Lucas Arts: The Hidden Empire (Official site.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.