missing cover art
DescriptionTony Hawk returns with an all new line-up of skaters, an all new line-up of parks to crash through, and a whole new level of graphics.
The line-up of street and vert riders include Elissa Steamer, Jamie Thomas, Steve Caballero, Rune Glifberg, Geoff Rowley, Andrew Reynolds, Rodney Mullen, Eric Koston, Chad Muska, Bucky Lasek and Bam Margera from MTV's Jackass (and Tony Hawk, of course).
The create a skater mode returns, allowing for even further levels of options for your character, like adding glasses and tatoos to changing the colour of the knee and elbow pads or even the hair.
And the levels themselves that you must skate through are now more interactive, with cars and humans blocking paths and making noise as you race around to make as many points as possible. Use items around the streets or the park to jump from or over to increase your score, and pull of as many wild and wacky tricks as you can.
There are no Macintosh user screenshots for this game.
There are 109 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
There are no promo images for this game
- "托尼霍克职业滑板3" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "THPS3" -- Informal abbreviation
Part of the Following Groups
- Activision O2 brand games
- Graphics Engine: RenderWare
- Licensed Title: Athletes
- PlayStation 2 Greatest Hits releases
- PlayStation 2 Platinum Range releases
- PlayStation Platinum Range releases
- Setting: City - Rio de Janeiro
- Tony Hawk skateboarding series
There are no reviews for the Macintosh release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|Mac Gamer||Apr 08, 2003||90 out of 100||90|
|Mac Addict||Jun, 2003||80|
|Macworld||Jul 01, 2003||50|
|AppleLinks.Com||May 11, 2003||20|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|Dreamcast question.||2||Daniel Saner (2963)
Jun 18, 2013
|Xbox 360 compatibility||4||Lane Denson (3)
Sep 24, 2007
Nintendo 64 versionThe N64 version was the last American release for the system.
ReferencesDark Lord of the Sith himself, Darth Maul, is a secret character in Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3. LucasArts officially licensed the character to Activision for the game. Activision, you might remember, published Star Wars: Demolition.
- In Tony Hawk's movie, when he does the 900 you can see a UFO in the background.
- In Rodney Mullen's movie, when he does the truckstand near those people in deckchairs if you look closely you will see that the people are actually aliens.
Version differencesThe PC and Xbox versions contain exclusive unlockable content. The Xbox has an skeleton named bones and an oil rig level (which was latter retooled and used in Tony Hawk's American Wasteland). The PC has Doomguy as a playable skater.
- 2001 – PS2 Sports Game of the Year
- 2001 – GameCube Sports Game of the Year
- 2001 – Best Online Multiplayer Game of the Year (PlayStation 2 version)
- 2002 – PC Sports Game of the Year (Readers' Choice)
Related Web Sites
- IMG Preview (Oct, 2002) (Inside Mac Games' preview of Pro Skater3.)
- Official website (Official website)
- Planet Tony Hawk (Probably the best THPS fan site on the net. With everything you could possibly want to know about the game, add ons and more.)
- Wikipedia: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (Information about Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 at Wikipedia)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.