DescriptionWarhammer Online: The Age of Reckoning, is Mythic Entertainment's contribution to the still growing MMORPG genre based in the Warhammer universe.
Warhammer Online boasts a robust PvP system with many character classes unique to the universe as well. These include Ironbreakers, Black Orcs, Chosen, Disciple of Khaine, Marauders, and more.
While most of the content is available through PvP (or RvR, "Realm versus Realm") gameplay, Warhammer Online also boasts PvE experiences including public quests, raid instances, and more. There are also world events that occur from time to time where players can participate for status and loot. The "Heavy Metal" event was one that took place over many days.
Players can choose to level independently in PvE or PvP, the later of which involves running instanced PvP scenarios, or can occur in the overworld in common areas. There are a variety of servers as well, including those with the standard rule sets, but also those where PvP is allowed anywhere in the world. No place is safe here!
Warhammer Online also features a new concept - public quests. This enables large numbers of players to involve themselves with PvE raids without having to hassle much with organizing ambitious raid parties. Players can jump in or leave at anytime and are rewarded based upon their level of participation.
The game is based in Warhammer's original "Age of Reckoning" world.
There are no Macintosh user screenshots for this game.
There are 5 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Warhammer Online: Время Возмездия" -- Russian spelling
- "WAR" -- Common abbreviation
Part of the Following Groups
- Anti-Cheat Technology: PunkBuster
- Fantasy Creatures: Orcs
- Games made into books
- Middleware: EMotion FX
- Middleware: Gamebryo/Lightspeed/NetImmerse
- Middleware: Kynapse
- Portability Engine: Cider
- Scripting language: Lua
- Video games turned into board / card games
- Warhammer universe
There are no reviews for the Macintosh release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|Appletell||Jan 03, 2010||80|
|MacLife||Feb 04, 2010||80|
|Macworld||Nov 18, 2009||80|
There are currently no topics for this game.
DevelopmentThe game was originally developed by Climax Online, but it was cancelled in June 2004 by publisher Games Workshop. Climax Online still continued to develop the game with their own money, but had to cancel it a few months later. In 2005, Mythic Entertainment picked up the license and developed a new game under the same title.
- 2008 – #2 Game of the Year
- 2008 – #2 PC Game of the Year
- 2008 – PC MMO of the Year
- 2008 – Best Use of License of the Year
Related Web Sites
- Marching to a Different Drummer (An Apple Games article about the Macintosh version of Age of Reckoning, with commentary being provided by Executive Producer, Jeff Hickman (October, 2009).)
- Warhammer Online (Official russian website.)
- Warhammer Online (Official Japanese website.)
- Warhammer Online (Official website.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.