DescriptionAs depicted very well by the title of the game, the infamous quarrelsome Worms are squirming for the first time in full 3D. The goal of the game hasn't changed a single bit from its predecessors: the objective is still to crush, annihilate and put into oblivion the worm team of the enemy using massively-wacky weapons of destruction. About all the features of its original 2D ancestors are also present, including random wind and a fully destructible landscape.
Not all the weapons that were previously available have made the cut into the 3 dimensional realm, however Worms 3D comes too with a selective set of new weaponry such as the Lottery Strike or the Gas Grenade which should allow you to find a few dozen of new ways to kill your fellow worms online.
There are no Macintosh user screenshots for this game.
There are 20 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
There are no promo images for this game
- "百战天虫3D" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Worms 3D: Special Edition" -- US Xbox in-game title
- "Baizhan Tianchong 3D" -- Chinese title
Part of the Following Groups
- Animals: Worms
- Artillery variants
- Games with randomly generated environments
- Physics Engine: Havok
- Visual technique / style: Voxel graphics
- Worms series
There are no reviews for the Macintosh release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|JeuxMac.com||Jun, 2004||4 out of 5||80|
|Inside Mac Games (IMG)||Jun 02, 2004||8 out of 10||80|
|AppleLinks.Com||Jun 22, 2004||80|
|Macworld||Sep 17, 2004||80|
|NowGamer||Apr 01, 2004||5.9 out of 10||59|
There are currently no topics for this game.
April's FoolAs Team 17's 2003 April Fools' joke, it was announced that the war in Iraq had forced Team 17 to remove all of the "realistic" weapons from the game (Bazooka, Grenade, Shotgun) and replace them with cartoony alternatives such as Sausage Strikes and Pineapple Bombs. In fact, there was for a limited time a version of the Worms 3D logo where a pineapple wearing sunglasses and a smile replaced the traditional grenade.
- 2003 – Best PC Party Game of the Year
Related Web Sites
- Official Webpage (Mac) (The official product page for the Mac version of Worms 3D on the publisher's website, which provides a series of short movies, a profile of the game, desktop wallpapers, demos, and purchasing information, among other such details.)
- Tossing a Banana Bomb Never Felt So Real (An Apple Games article about the Macintosh version of Worms 3D, with commentary being provided by Producer Paul Kilburn (May, 2004).)
- Worms 3D (Official website from Team17)
- Worms 3D (Official website from Sega)