Zork II: The Wizard of Frobozz Trivia (Macintosh)
Game Statistics(From The New Zork Times Vol.3 No.2 Spring 1984)
Some statistics about Zork 2:
- Apparent number of rooms (those seen by the player): 81
- Number of rooms: 86 (for various arcane programming reasons, some locations are inaccessible to the player)
- Number of different ways to die: 50
- Number of words in vocabulary: 628
- Number of takeable objects: 49
ParodyAs was its predecessor, this game was skewered the following year (1989) by a satirical follow-up game by Bill Larkins entitled Pork 2: The Gizzard of Showbiz.
SubtitleThe odd phrase "the Wizard of Frobozz" of course derives from L. Frank Baum's book The Wizard of Oz.
(Temporary) free distributionAs part of the release of Zork Grand Inquisitor, Activision released Zork II as freeware. (Currently the links to download the game are dead at activision.com, but the game is available at numerous fan sites.)
Other trivia submissions by Belboz and Chris Mikesell