DescriptionThe Mushroom Kingdom is stricken with a horrible disease known as 'The Blorbs'! Princess Toadstool calls a meeting to discuss what action must be taken to save her citizens, and of course, Mario and Luigi attend. Bowser crashes the meeting, but is soundly defeated once again. After he's evicted from the castle, he meets a shady character who offers him a mysterious mushroom that he promises will beat Mario once and for all. Wolfing it down, Bowser suddenly starts sucking in everything in sight - including all of the Mushroom Kingdom's citizens, and the famous brothers themselves! What troubles will strike the kingdom next?
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story is the third game in the Mario & Luigi series of games. Players control Mario and Luigi simultaneously in the side-scrolling platform environment of Bowser's body, while also controlling the Koopa King himself in the top-down world of the Mushroom Kingdom. Similar to games like Earthbound, enemy encounters are seen as actual enemies that players can avoid or attempt to strike early. The actual battles are a combination of turn-based menu attacks, and timed reactions to enemies during battle. By watching the way an enemy reacts, you can anticipate their attack and avoid it or counterattack.
As with most RPGs, players earn experience to level up their stats and become stronger in certain attributes, such as HP, strength, defense, speed and...'staches or horns (both of which translate into luck for the different characters). At each level up, players can select a specific stat to apply bonus points to - but if you keep applying bonus points to the same stat, you'll be less likely to get high bonus points the more you apply it.
- "マリオ＆ルイージRPG3!!!" -- Japanese spelling
- "Mario & Luigi: Voyage au Centre de Bowser" -- French title
- "Mario & Luigi: Viaje al centro de Bowser" -- Spanish title
- "Mario & Luigi: Viaggio al Centro di Bowser" -- Italian title
- "Mario & Luigi RPG 3!!!" -- Japanese title
- "Mario & Luigi: Abenteuer Bowser" -- German title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
|GameDaily||Sep 06, 2009||10 out of 10||100|
|Nintendo Life||Sep 14, 2009||10 out of 10||100|
|IGN||Sep 10, 2009||9.5 out of 10||95|
|1UP||Sep 15, 2009||A-||91|
|gamrReview||Dec 31, 2009||9.1 out of 10||91|
|GameSpot||Oct 07, 2009||9 out of 10||90|
|Eurogamer.net (UK)||Sep 18, 2009||9 out of 10||90|
|GNT - Generation Nouvelles Technologies||Nov 02, 2009||9 out of 10||90|
|Game Revolution||Sep 25, 2009||B+||83|
|Legendra||May 14, 2010||8 out of 10||80|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesMario & Luigi: Browser's Inside Story appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
- 2009 – #2 Best DS Game of the Year
- 2009 – #2 Best Role-Playing Game of the Year
- 2009 - Best Role-Playing Game (X-Play Game of the Year Awards)
- 2009 - Where's Martin Short? award (Game of the Year Awards)
- 2009 - Best DS Game (Game of the Year Awards)
- 2009 - Best DS Role-Playing Game (Editors' Choice)
- 2009 - Best DS Role-Playing Game (Readers' Choice)
- 2009 - Best DS Story (Editors' Choice)