Marvel Ultimate Alliance Ad Blurbs
Raven Software, the creators of the X-Men Legends™ franchise are putting you in the control of your favorite heroes from the entire Marvel Universe with Marvel™: Ultimate Alliance. Featuring a cast of more than 140 of Marvel's storied heroes, create your own all-star team from a line up of more than 20 playable characters.
- Marvelous heroes: Build your four person team from a roster of some of Marvel's biggest heroes and some of their most mysterious. For every Spider-Man, there's a Doctor Strange. For every Captain America, there's a Ghost Rider. Put together your favorite comic team, or fight with all four of your favorite anti-heroes, including The Punisher and Blade! Switch between players on the fly using your D-pad and give attack commands in real-time.
- Marvelous worlds: Tour the Marvel Universe with your squad of heroes, from planet earth to the distant stars. Travel to the Skree home world, battle on a SHEILD Helicarrier, and fight villains underwater in Atlantis. No word if Namor the Submariner is a playable character, but with 140 Marvel cast members, you can bet he at least makes an appearance.
- Marvelous action: Experience epic battles against grunts and super-villains alike as you alter your team to best suit your needs. Equip your teammates with armor and special weapons to dominate your opponents. Play co-op mode with friends, either in person or online through Xbox®. Compete for bragging rights on the Xbox Live community by comparing your in-game scores to other gamers.
- Marvelous teamwork: It's not just who you choose, it's how you use them. Work with your teammates to develop special attacks. Create your team's own unique look with their own name and logo, and unlockable costumes. The better your team looks and works together, the easier your battles will be.
Create your own Marvel Team-Up event with stars like Captain America, The Hulk, Spider-Man, and of course, Wolverine. Create a classic Avengers team, or build your own super-team. Upgrade your team to have the skills that work best with your style of play, and unlock content to bring your team together as a unit.
Fight through classic Marvel worlds and a branching storyline as you take on the biggest villains comic-dom has to offer like the Skree, Doctor Doom, and Galactus himself, the eater of worlds!
Contributed by havoc of smeg (22369) on Sep 23, 2010.
Stan Lee's iconic superheroes team up to defeat an alliance of evil.
- Over 140 popular Marvel comic book characters
- Create your own Marvel dream team, with customisable name, team icon and team
vehicle, and establish a team reputation
- Determine the fate of Earth and the Marvel universe
For decades, Earth's super heroes have opposed evil in their own cities, and on their own
terms. But now, Dr. Doom and the newly reformed Masters of Evil - the greatest collection
of Super Villains ever assembled - have plans for world domination, and the heroes must
band together to defeat them.
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance offers a vast roster of comic book characters, drawing on over
140 popular heroes and villains from the Marvel universe. Create and customise your
ultimate four-person team, selecting from an initial roster of 20 playable superheroes,
including Spider-Man, Wolverine, The Thing, Blade and Elektra.
Able to fight while airborne, on the ground, and even submerged underwater, you will lead
your team through 17 exotic locations from the Marvel universe. A host of fighting tactics,
accessories and advancement options, including melee combat moves, super hero
powers, individual and team upgrades, provide the raw power behind this action RPG.
With the fate of Earth in your hands the game's original storyline, developed by Vicarious
Visions and Marvel's own C.B. Cebulski, unfolds based on the choices you make.
Contributed by DreinIX (9499) on Feb 16, 2008.
- Determine the fate of the Marvel universe
- Become one with your heroes using the fluid Wii Remote.
- Join in the action with the Wii's unique power moves.
The world's largest army of Super Heroes is under your control.Assemble your ultimate four-member strike force from over 20 Marvel heroes. Become your favorite legends, then interact with more than 140 characters in this epic action-RPG.
Next-Gen Exclusive: Two additional playable heroes
Contributed by Joshua J. Slone (4676) on Apr 13, 2007.
- Advanced Gesture-based Combat System: One of the most important implementations on the Wii is the Advanced Gesture-based Combat System which pushes the capabilities of the Wii-mote and Nunchuk controllers. Players can even chain gestures together to create very powerful attack combos.
- Motion-sensing controls – With the Wii-mote, players can swipe upwards for upper cut punches and kicks, swipe down for stun attacks, sweep left or right for trip attacks, jab forward for heavy attacks and shake for quick, light attacks. Further, attack powers are custom for each character and are mapped to the Wii-mote gestures, and the Nunchuk can be used for picking up objects, throwing, blocking, dodging/rolling as well as movement via the analog stick.
- Marvel: Ultimate Alliance for the Wii will support 480p Progressive Scan, full 16x9 widescreen format and Dolby surround sound.
Wii are heroesMarvel's greatest Super Heroes come out for Wii's launch.For the first time ever, the world’s largest army of Super Heroes is under your control. Truly become your favorite Super Heroes with the fluid Wii controllers.Features
Contributed by Evil Ryu (65759) on Nov 30, 2006.