DescriptionBased on Roald Dahl's children's chapter book, Matilda (released in 1996 by TriStar Pictures) tells the story of a highly intelligent girl who is often misunderstood by her family, and even Mrs. Trunchbull, the evil school principal. With the help of Miss Honey, a brave best friend, Matilda discovers that she doesn't need to get mad that often. This Special Edition DVD release contains five games which are accessed from the Special Features section of the DVD:
- A Truly Terrible Test: the player has to complete a few non-sensical questions by selecting one of the possible answers from each question. If the player gets a wrong answer, the game is over and the player is asked to try again.
- Make Magic with Matilda!: a memory game where the player has to flip the cards over to find the matching Matilda pictures. When the player has found all the matching pictures, video clips from the film are played as a reward.
- Terrify the Trunchbull!: the player has to choose an object to terrify Mrs. Trunchbull, and a video clip from the film will play with the object selected.
- Classroom Games - The Spelling Bee and the Math Game: the player answers several math and spelling questions with narrated instructions between them.
- Get Rid of Mrs. Trunchbull! - Trivia Game: a video clip from the film will play, and the player is asked to find the objects that match the clip shown before the four possible choices appeared. If the player gets stuck, the video clip can always be repeated at anytime.
There are no promo images for this game
|A great combination of DVD films with the interactivity of games!||Katie Cadet (9161)|
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
Blu-ray releaseOn December 2013, Matilda was re-issued on Blu-ray by Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, which led to some bonus features (including the games) being omitted from the Special Edition DVD release from 2004, including a Character Gallery and a Read-Along.
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.