The Matrix reloads onto PlayStation 2.
- Take on the mantle of Matrix messiah Neo, playing out scenes drawn from all three films
- Original script opens up 'What if?' possibilities as players choose their own story path
- Film footage from the trilogy and Animatrix complement the intense videogame action
The Matrix trilogy is loaded onto PS2 once again, with players taking on the central role of
Neo. Covering all the major scenes from the three movies, the gameplay is interspersed
with footage from the trilogy itself, plus material from the Animatrix.
Players can choose their own path through the game, with the consequences of their
actions scripted and directed by the Wachowski Brothers. The likenesses of the original
cast - Keanu Reeves (Neo), Laurence Fishburne (Morpheus), Carrie-Ann Moss (Trinity),
and Hugo Weaving (Agent Smith) - have all been captured to make a truly immersive and
Contributed by DreinIX (9398) on Feb 21, 2008.
Set in the Matrix universe, THE MATRIX: PATH OF NEO will enable players to actually play as 'Neo', the central character, and relive his most important and memorable scenarios from the complete film trilogy, including the original film, THE MATRIX.
Throughout the game, the path the player takes to resolve each scenario and the resulting consequences will be scripted and directed by the Wachowski Brothers. The likenesses of all of the films' key actors -- including Keanu Reeves ('Neo'), Laurence Fishburne ('Morpheus'), Carrie-Ann Moss ('Trinity'), and Hugo Weaving ('Agent Smith') -- will be featured in THE MATRIX: PATH OF NEO, which will also include footage from all three feature films, as well as THE ANIMATRIX.
- Once again blurring the lines between Hollywood and interactive entertainment, THE MATRIX: PATH OF NEO will feature the likenesses of all of the films' key actors -- including Keanu Reeves (Neo), Laurence Fishburne (Morpheus), Carrie-Ann Moss (Trinity), Hugo Weaving (Agent Smith) and Jada Pinkett-Smith (Niobe).
- To truly immerse the gamer in the Matrix universe, the game will feature a 'Director's Cut' of the original movie footage from all three films and THE ANIMATRIX as cinematic sequences to progress the story told from Neo's perspective. An exclusive to THE MATRIX PATH OF NEO, the footage was edited by Zach Staenberg, the Academy Award winning editor of THE MATRIX working side by side with the Wachowski Brothers.
- Re-creating the incredible ambience of being in the Matrix, THE MATRIX PATH OF NEO will feature a full orchestral score playing in surround sound, developed to follow the action of the game. In addition, the game's soundtrack will feature original songs by the bands that were featured in the Matrix films.
- The player will use martial arts, medieval weapons and guns (lots of guns) to take on a variety of enemies, such as heavily armed SWAT officers; Agents of the Matrix, including Agent Smith; and Exiles in the employ of the Merovingian. To help prepare for these battles, there are several training levels which Neo must complete.
- The game will have enhanced 'Bullet Time' special effects from the films and allow gamers to dodge bullets, jump off walls and defy gravity and logic to recreate its most memorable scenes.
- To re-create Neo's incredible range of moves THE MATRIX: PATH OF NEO will also feature a more sophisticated martial arts engine to give gamers the true feeling of being "the One".
Contributed by Xoleras (66095) on Feb 10, 2006.