Max PayneMax Payne looks very different in comparison to the predecessor because this time a professional actor, Timothy Gibbs' was used as Payne's face instead of writer Sami Järvi.
- Towards the end of the game, one of the police officers quotes one of Max's first lines from the first game; "They are all dead." In both instances, the police are arriving after the situation has been resolved.
- If you listen to the messages on Vinnie Cognitti's answering machine, you'll hear a threat from the "God Father." Someone did a an impression of the late Marlon Brando.
- First time Max walks around the police HQ, there are two cops in basement garage. The cops are modeled and named after 3D Realms leads and co-founders George Broussard and Scott Miller. Pay attention to their dialogue; it makes fun out of the long production time of Duke Nukem Forever, ending with 3D Realms' legendary release date slogan ("When it's done!").
References to the gameMay Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne was parodied in an episode of "Die Redaktion" (The Editorial Team), a monthly comedy video produced by the German gaming magazine GameStar. It was published on the DVD of issue 06/2007.
- 2003 – #8 PC Game of the Year
- GameStar (Germany)
- February 13, 2004 - Best PC Action Game in 2003 (Readers' Vote)
- Issue 12/2008 - One of the "10 Coolest Levels" (For "A Linear Sequence of Scares". It is the highlight of the game because it is very different from the rest of the game, represents a silly image of Max' soul and offers many surprising script sequences.)
Contributed by Daniel Albu (251) on Nov 19, 2003. [revised by : Patrick Bregger (98879)]. -- edit trivia