DescriptionIn Medal of Honor: Allied Assault, the first PC installment of the famous Playstation game series, you assume the role of Sgt. Mike Powell, a member of the 1st Ranger Batallion. You have been recruited by the OSS (some sort of secret service) and need to battle through over 20 levels based on historical campaigns during WW2.
Missions include the landing at Normandy (D-Day), assaulting the town Arzew, a rendez-vous with the french Resistance outside the village of St. Lo, and even taking the famous bridge at the German town Remagen. You will need to rescue agents, plant explosives, assault desert camps with your team and of course kill every Nazi that comes into your gunsight.
There are plenty of weapons available, including the MP40, some sniper and assault rifles, hand grenades and explosive charges.
There are no promo images for this game
- "荣誉勋章：联合袭击" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Orden èasti: Saveznièki napad" -- Croatian title
- "MoH:AA" -- Informal title
- "Medal of Honor: Débarquement Allié" -- French title
- "Kongressimedal: Liitlaste rünnak" -- Estonian title
Part of the Following Groups
- 3D Engine: id Tech 3 (Quake III)
- 3D Engine: id Tech 3 (Quake III: Team Arena)
- Historical conflict: World War II
- Medal of Honor series
- Setting: African
|Warning: Contains one of the most cinematic combat experience ever.||Macintosh||RussS (782)|
|Nicely Presented WW2 Run 'n Gun||Windows||phanboy_iv (122)|
|Best WW2 shooter so far, but...||Windows||Zovni (9308)|
|A good enjoyable WWII shooter||Windows||Entorphane (366)|
|The best WW2 Shooter to date.||Windows||Thiago Oliveira (89)|
|A great game...||Windows||Stuart Max (9)|
|Disastrous adventures of Lt. Mike Powell||Windows||vicrabb (6938)|
|Superb WW2 FPS single player & MP experiences!||Windows||John Bowlin (2)|
|Mac Addict||Macintosh||Oct, 2002||100|
|Gaming Age||Windows||Mar 22, 2002||A||100|
|Svenska PC Gamer||Windows||Feb, 2002||94 out of 100||94|
|IGN||Macintosh||Jul 10, 2002||9.3 out of 10||93|
|GameSpot (Belgium/Netherlands)||Windows||Feb 14, 2002||88 out of 100||88|
|GameStar (Germany)||Windows||Feb, 2002||86 out of 100||86|
|PC Games (Germany)||Windows||Jan 26, 2002||86 out of 100||86|
|JeuxVideoPC.com||Windows||Aug 29, 2006||17 out of 20||85|
|JeuxMac.com||Macintosh||Sep, 2002||4 out of 5||80|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Windows||Feb 01, 2002||16 out of 20||80|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesMedal of Honour: Allied Assault appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
Film homageThe D-Day section, in which the player storms Omaha beach, is directly inspired by the opening scenes from the film "Saving Private Ryan". It's worth noticing that Steven Spielberg directed the film and was involved in the earlier Medal of Honor games through his production company DreamWorks Interactive.
- There is no blood to be seen at all throughout the game. EA/2015 removed all blood so they could retain a Teen ESRB rating.
- The US and EU versions are forbidden to be distributed in Germany because they contain symbols which are regarded as unconstitutional (e.g. swastika). For the German version the developers had to remove any appearances of swastikas. Most of them are replaced with an Iron Cross. Additionally in the level "Scuttling the U-529" all Hitler salutes were removed.
- In the fourth mission the player is assigned to find an OSS agent named Manon. This woman has appeared in countless Medal of Honor games as a minor character, offering to meet up with the main character of the game to give information. She is also the main character in Medal of Honor: Underground.
- During the credits, a 1940s-style song is played while pictures of WWII are displayed on screen. One of these is a picture of Mike Powell and what appears to be his regiment. In the picture the player can see Mike Powell and also James "Jimmy" Patterson, the main character from Medal of Honor: Frontline, which had not been released at the time of this game's debut.
- Computer Gaming World
- April 2003 (Issue #225) - Action Game of the Year
- April 2003 (Issue #225) – Action Game of the Year (Readers' Choice)
- April 2003 (Issue #225) – Best Level of the Year (for Omaha Beach)
- April 2003 (Issue #225) – Best Sound of the Year
- 2002 – Best Sound of the Year (PC)
- 2002 – Best Level of the Year (PC, for Ohama Beach)