DescriptionMega Man X, the reploid leader of the 17th unit Maverick Hunters, and his best friend Zero have to stop a reploid rebellion. Each of them gets involved in a different way and you can play as either character through the parallel stories.
- "洛克人X4" -- Chinese Title (Simplified)
- "ロックマンX4" -- Japanese spelling
- "Rockman X4" -- Japanese title
Part of the Following Groups
- Mega Man / Rockman games
- Mega Man / Rockman X series
- PlayStation the Best series
- Protagonist: Robot
- Satakore (SegaSaturn Collection) releases
|X and Zero return for a fourth bout with Sigma, and now PC players can get in on the action!||Windows||Satoshi Kunsai (2093)|
|X and Zero head to defeat the Reploids, only to find that it was all a trap planned by Sigma...||Windows||Duan Xuan (71)|
|Digital Extremes||SEGA Saturn||1997||9 out of 10||90|
|Jeuxvideo.com||SEGA Saturn||Jun 13, 2013||17 out of 20||85|
|Jeuxvideo.com||PlayStation||Jun 13, 2013||17 out of 20||85|
|Random Access||PlayStation||Oct 17, 2014||8.5 out of 10||85|
|Meristation||Windows||Jan 06, 1999||8.5 out of 10||85|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Windows||Jun 13, 2013||17 out of 20||85|
|Gamezilla||PlayStation||1997||82 out of 100||82|
|GameSpot||SEGA Saturn||Nov 11, 1997||6.8 out of 10||68|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Windows||Apr, 1999||40|
|Computer Games Magazine||Windows||Jan 21, 1999||30|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|PlayStation the Best version question||3||Alaka (49107)
May 14, 2014
LocalizationThese are the original Japanese names for the bosses:
Magmard (Magma in the USA) Dragoon, Frost Kibatodos (Walrus), Jet Stingren (Stingray), Slash Beastleo (Beast), Web Spidus (Spider), Cyber Kujacker (Peacock), and Storm Fukuroul (Owl).
- In Frost Walrus's stage, if you look carefully in the background of the first part of the stage, you can see Blizzard Buffalo (from Mega Man X3) at the beginning of the stage, and then later Chill Penguin (from Mega Man X) in the mini-boss's room.
- The battle with General (as either character) is a little homage to the final boss battle in Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts. The battles even play similarly (both bosses' weak spots are their heads, and you have to use platforms to reach said weak spots).
- Magma Dragoon's attacks are an obvious play on the Shotokan techniques used by Ryu, Ken, and Akuma from the Street Fighter series. He's even wearing Akuma's beads (look carefully around his neck).
- The intro and ending songs in the Japanese version were both performed by J-Pop singer Yukie Nakama. In the U.S. and European versions they were replaced by instrumental tunes.
- The PC version of this game has the battle themes for the three phases of the Sigma battle reversed from the console versions (the "heavy metal" version plays on the first two phases, and the evil one for the Ugly Head Sigma phase in the PC version).
Information also contributed by Satoshi Kunsai.
Related Web Sites
- Wikipedia: Mega Man X4 (Information about Mega Man X4 at Wikipedia)