Mercenaries 2: World in Flames Ad Blurbs
The controversial Mercenaries 2: World in Flames™ sets the bar for explosive, open-world action games in the next generation. A power-hungry tyrant is interfering with Venezuela's oil supply, sparking an invasion that turns the country into a warzone. This is an opportunity for you. World powers with deep pockets are willing to pay you to create chaos and do their dirty work. Mercenaries 2 features the latest and most dangerous in civilian and military tech, everything from tanks, APCs, boats, shiny new sports cars, to even a satellite-guided bunker-busting mini-nuke. These are your tools, use them well.
- Massive open-ended game world: Larger than all previous Mercenaries combined, the world of Mercenaries 2 is jam-packed with colorful characters and environments.
- Enhanced destruction: Bring buildings teeming with enemy soldiers down section by section, topple an overpass with C4 to stop an oncoming enemy vehicular assault, fire off an RPG at a balcony and watch as it crashes on unsuspecting enemies below. This destruction isn't just cool, be sure to use it to your advantage!
- A mercenary's paradise: Recruit other mercenaries to build your own private military company. Each faction has plenty of work for you, from small pick-up jobs to elaborate, multi-objective missions. The world offers over one hundred unique tasks you can take on—if you're interested.
- Cool new toys: Dozens of weapons, land-based vehicles and watercraft are available for you to use and blow the stuffing out of everything! Use the new grappling hook to latch on to flying vehicles and commandeer them in the sky.
- Cooperative multiplayer: Play the main campaign with the help of your friends. Jump in and out of a game at any time.
You are not a soldier. You are a mercenary. Everyone will try and screw you, given the chance. They think they can get away with it, because they don't know rule number one: Everybody pays.
Contributed by havoc of smeg (22294) on Sep 23, 2010.
PAYBACK, MERCENARIES STYLE
Contributed by Big John WV (27250) on Aug 21, 2009.
Mercenaries 2: World in Flames™ is an explosive open-world action game set in a massive, highly reactive, war-torn world.
When a power-hungry tyrant messes with Venezuela's oil supply he sparks an invasion that turns the country into a warzone.
But for you, international crisis is all upside: You are a mercenary, and you profit from chaos. Mercenaries 2™ features a slew of potential clients, all willing to pay you to do their dirty work. These are world powers with deep pockets, deep grudges, and enough arms and ammo to start World War III. This is your kind of environment.
Mercenaries 2 features the latest and most dangerous in civilian and military tech, everything from shiny new sports cars, to the future-tech satellite-guided bunker-busting mini-nuke. Tanks, APCs, boats, luxury automobiles - you name it, you can have it delivered to you in real time. And if you run out of cash you can always 'acquire' the gear you need in the field.
If you see it, you can buy it, steal it, or obliterate it. Play your own way, or play with the help of a friend in the new co-op multiplayer mode.
You are not a soldier. You don't have to play by anyone's rules. You have your own code: you will fulfill the terms of the contract, no matter what. Not everyone in the world of Mercenaries is as honorable. Everyone will try and screw you, given the chance. They think they can get away with it, but they don't know rule #1 for mercenaries: EVERYBODY PAYS.
Massive Open World
Play across cities, jungles, lakes, mountains and a range of terrain in between throughout a Venezuela that is larger than all the Mercenaries maps combined.
Whether split-screen or online you no longer have to go it alone. Invite a friend to jump in and help you fight your way to the top.
Work for the Highest Bidder
You decide which factions to work for and when. From one-off pick-up jobs to complex multi-objective missions your choices will decide how the game progresses and which faction wins the war.
Over 130 vehicles from civilian cars to tanks and choppers plus all the destructive weaponry you can handle from pistols to rocket launchers.
Next Gen Destruction
Take down any building in the world piece by piece and see them crumble with fantastic effects. Not just cool to look at, destruction can be used to take out enemy forces and change the landscape of the battlefield.
Build Your Own Private Military Company
Recruit other mercenaries to build out your arsenal and options until you have the ultimate array of options to play with.
Fly over it, swim through it, race across it in boats. No longer just something to look at, water is an active part of the game.
Don't have time to make your way across the country? Go to one of your captured drop zones and instantly get transported to the next hot spot and right back into the action.
Contributed by DreinIX (10674) on Dec 04, 2008.