In this first-person adventure, become the bounty hunter behind the visor once more and travel to a planet torn into light and darkness. Hunted by a mysterious entity and a warring race called the Ing, Samus Aran must explore the light and dark worlds of this doomed planet to discover secrets and augment her suit's weapons and abilities.
- Immerse yourself in Light and Dark Aether as you explore massive, dangerous alien environments teeming with intelligent enemies. Using an array of high-tech interfaces, analyze clues in the environment and even pinpoint secrets. Your Scan Visor will be integral, helping you explore every nook and cranny and scan creatures for vulnerabilities.
- Tons of new power-ups await, including the Dark and Light Beams, which make use of an all-new ammo system! Plenty of beam weapons, visors, bombs, missile and suit upgrades, and power-ups like the Space Jump and Grapple Beam return as well.
- Bounty hunter...or hunted? For the first time in the history of the celebrated Metroid® franchise, up to four players can battle one another as they search for weapons, grapple across ceilings and turn into Morph Balls to make their escapes.
Contributed by Evil Ryu (51726) on Oct 03, 2005.
In this highly anticipated sequel to Metroid Prime, become the bounty hunter behind the visor once more and travel to a planet torn into light and darkness.
- New Beam Weapons: The Dark Beam and the Light Beam wield powerful ordinance to crush the Ing, solve puzzles, and open doors
- New Suits: As Samus traverses the depths of Light and Dark Aether she can don powerful new suits to protect her against the planets myriad enemies.
- Screw Attack: The famous attack from Metroid games of the past makes its triumphant debut on the Nintendo GameCube
- Power Ups: The space jump and the grapple beam are just some of the power-ups you'll find
- Multiplayer Metroid: For the first time in the history of the franchise, up to four players can battle each other as they search for weapons, grapple across ceilings and turn into Morph Balls to make their escape
Retro Studios, producers of the wildly popular Metroid Prime, take Samus Aran on a terrifying journey.
Galactic Federation Trooper Squad Bravo is missing; their last transmission-- a distress call from a rogue planet called Aether, located in the Dasha region.
Enter legendary bounty hunter Samus Aran. Her mission: Locate the Federation troopers and render assistance. But what begins as a search and rescue mission becomes an intense, haunting sojourn to save a species from total genocide in a world caught in the maelstrom between dimensions of light and darkness.
Light Aether is the domain of the Luminoth, gentle beings with a unique and highly developed civilization. But when a great cataclysm tore the fabric of space and time, the Ing Horde were unleashed from Dark Aether, a dimensional echo of Light Aether. Now the Luminoth are under siege. The Ing send armies into Light Aether, absorb its lands into the clutches of Dark Aether, and possess the Luminoth's warriors. Only the Luminoth's four gigantic energy generators keep the Light World from collapsing. If the Ing seize control of the generators, the Light World will be extinguished forever. Samus embarks on her mission to defeat the Ing and restore peace to Aether.
But, as Samus will soon learn, an ominous shadow lurks in the darkness, a shadow which stealthily hunts the hunter...
Metroid Prime 2 Echoes is one of those rare games that exceeds its predecessor in quality. The game expertly weaves themes of light and darkness in every element, from plot, to characters, weapons, power-ups, even the music. The action is engaging and intense (you'll love to hate the Ing Horde), the levels brilliantly designed, and the puzzles intelligent but approachable. Metroid Prime 2 Echoes is a fantastic installment in one of the Nintendo GameCube's most exciting franchises.
Contributed by Alrightya (312) on Jun 21, 2005.
Tons of new power-ups await, including the Dark and Light Beams, which make use of an all-new ammo system.
Travel through portals between Light and Dark Aether as you explore massive worlds crawling with enemies.
Scan environments, upgrade your suit and visors, and explore every nook and cranny in Morph Ball mode.
A War of Light and Darkness
Become the bounty hunter behind the visor once more! Hunted by a mysterious entity and a warring race called the Ing. Samus Aran must explore the light and dark worlds of a doomed planet, but time runs short…
Up to four players can battle as they search for weapons, grapple across ceilings, and turn into Morph Balls to escape.
Contributed by gamewarrior (5069) on Nov 18, 2004.