DescriptionIn Midtown Madness 2, players get to race a greater variety of vehicles than in the original Midtown Madness. New vehicles include: a Mini, a Panoz roadster, a Ford pickup and a Greyhound bus. Gameplay is essentially the same, being arcade oriented with simplified handling and physics, and pure action modes.
The roads, hazards and visual style of London and San Francisco are incorporated. A Crash Course Career mode allows players to take the role of a stunt actor or a taxi driver. The races are short and simple, but the player should expect tight turns and tighter time limits.
Part of the Following Groups
- Automobile: Audi TT
- Automobile: Ford Mustang
- Automobile: Volkswagen New Beetle
- Genre: Open world driving
- Midtown Madness series
- Setting: City - London
- Setting: City - San Francisco
- Theme: Street racing
|4Players.de||Nov 23, 2000||87 out of 100||87|
|GameSpy||Nov 29, 2000||86 out of 100||86|
|Power Unlimited||Oct, 2000||8.5 out of 10||85|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Oct 19, 2000||17 out of 20||85|
|Game Informer Magazine||Dec, 2000||7.75 out of 10||78|
|PC Joker||Nov, 2000||77 out of 100||77|
|Absolute Games (AG.ru)||Sep 29, 2000||75 out of 100||75|
|Privat Computer PC||2000||73 out of 100||73|
|Gamekult||Oct 16, 2000||7 out of 10||70|
|Adrenaline Vault, The (AVault)||Oct 10, 2000||70|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaPacific Bell Park, the new home of the San Francisco Giants Professional baseball team, is NOT in this game, even though it claims to encompass all of San Francisco's landmarks!
Related Web Sites
- IGCD Internet Game Cars Database (Game page on IGCD, a database that tries to archive vehicles found in video games.)
- Midtown Madness 2 Central (A site covering MM2 and MM3. With lots of downloadable cars and tracks for MM2.)
- SneakyFungus' Lost City Gallery (Lots of screenshots (with thumbnails) that I took of a cool add-on map for Midtown 2, Lost City.)