Millie Meter's Nutrition Adventure
Players may be reminded of Pajama Sam 3: You Are What You Eat From Your Head To Your Feet as this game also illustrates the importance of good nutrition, but there the resemblance ends. The hand-drawn look is typical of Tivola's games with BVM (see also Oscar the Balloonist and the Secrets of the Forest), and like Millie Meter and Her Adventure in the Oak Tree, this adventure is entirely mouse-controlled.
At the bottom of each page are the option icons - at the far left is the pyramid, which shows how many pieces are still missing. The blue refrigerator holds games and the Tricktionary; Bulk's face is the volume control (move the tongue left or right for less or more volume); click on the flag to change languages; or on Millie to exit the game.
On the right is a panel showing the figure of Bulk and a round x-ray viewer. The player can move this up and down to advance from area to area or travel by clicking on doors in the main screen. Millie begins her adventure in the mouth, proceeds down into the esophagus and then the stomach. From there she goes to the small intestine, takes a side trip to the liver, and finishes up in the large intestine where the, um, exit is. Characters manning various stations along the way provide explanations of the processes of digestion, and there are six mini-games that reinforce some of the concepts covered.
- The Pipeline Game - flip, turn, cork, and place the pipe sections so that liquid flows unimpeded from the top left to the bottom right
- Flying Food - try to get all the flying food into the right spot by clicking the up & down arrows as it moves across the screen
- The Tongue Taste Test - drag each food from the right onto the part of the tongue that can taste it (sweet, salty, bitter, or sour)
- The Fruit and Veg Workshop - an art page, where the player can drag pictures onto the page, resize/reorient them and print it
- The Fruit and Vegetable Jigsaw - just what it says, a jigsaw puzzle of a whimsical picture
- True or False? - Chloe makes a statement, and the player must decide if it is true or false
DJP Mom (11121)