In a city where information is heavily monitored, agile couriers called Runners transport sensitive data away from prying eyes. In this seemingly utopian paradise, a crime has been committed, your sister has been framed, and now you are being hunted. Mirror's Edge™ puts you in the shoes of Faith, a Runner who must traverse the vertigo-inducing cityscape, engage in intense combat and fast-paced chases, and survive in this very dangerous world.
- Move yourself: String together an amazing combo of wall-runs, leaps, vaults, and more, in fluid, acrobatic movements that turns every level of the urban environment to your advantage and salvation.
- Immerse yourself: Every breath, every collision, every impact is acutely felt. Heights create real vertigo, movements flow naturally, collisions and bullet impacts create genuine fear and adrenaline.
- Challenge yourself: Fight or flight. Your speed and agility allow you not only to evade, capture and perform daring escapes, but also to disable and disarm unwary opponents, in a mix of chase, puzzles, strategy and intense combat.
- Free yourself: Runner vision allows you to see the city as they do. See the flow. Rooftops become pathways and conduits, opportunities and escape routes. The flow is what keeps you running-what keeps you alive.
Added by havoc of smeg has abandoned ship (11118) on Sep 23, 2010
Sprint across rooftops and leap from cranes as you attempt to save your sister from a corrupt government.
Set in a seemingly utopian world with low crime and clean streets, Mirror's Edge centres around a totalitarian government that keeps everyone under constant surveillance. With all electronic communication monitored, the only way to share private information is to use runners - messengers with incredible agility who run across the city and deliver documents.
You control Faith - an orphan runner whose sister is in the clutches of the government - as she follows instructions from a mysterious character called Mercury.
Mirror's Edge is a revolutionary first person game that takes emphasis away from the gun and places it on the character's movement. Faith can use guns, but how she runs through the city, using her athleticism to leap over ledges and between cranes and buildings to escape pursuing government agents, is more important.
The game features stunning graphics that capture the thrill of sprinting across rooftops like never before, and Runner Vision, which highlights certain ledges and doorways to allow the player to see where they are heading without slowing down.
- A compelling story set in a seemingly utopian world run by a totalitarian government
- Free-running gameplay add a new dimension to first person gaming
- Runner Vision helps you navigate the city without ever having to slow down
Added by DreinIX (9426) on Nov 25, 2008