missing cover art
DescriptionIn Laser Squad you control a group of space marine-like soldiers (and the occasional cyborg). Before taking them into battle (viewed from above and progressing in turns), you must buy them weapons and armour with a predetermined amount of credits, taking into account the individual abilities of your squad. Unlike X-COM, the soldiers do not gain experience over time.
The game also features a two player hotseat multiplayer option.
Initial ZX Spectrum release (and C64 & Amstrad CPC cassette tape releases) had three missions:
- 1: The Assassins - where you must face down Sterner Regnix and his guards
- 2: Moonbase Assault - which challenges you to destroy the OmniCorp database
- 3: Rescue from the Mines - eschew violence in favour of a rescue mission
- 4: The Cyber Hordes - defend a rebel station and its seven stabilizer cores from an advancing imperial droid invasion
- 5: Paradise Valley - following the destruction of the stabilizer cores, escape from the colony with the device containing blueprints for advanced rebel starfighter
There are no MSX screenshots for this game.
There are 68 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for the MSX release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
The Press Says
There are no rankings for this game.
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|Stellar Forces - A modern remake||5||Pseudo_Intellectual (43845)
Jan 21, 2010
|Unit advancement||2||WildKard (12165)
Nov 16, 2007
CutscenesSome of the graphics in the game's cut scenes (for instance, Sterner Regnix's communications officer) are literally lifted from the Star Wars films.
- Retro Gamer
- September 2004 (Issue #8) – #63 Best Game Of All Time (Readers' Vote)
Related Web Sites
- William Fraser's Home Page -- Has a Java version of the game.
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.