DescriptionThe moon is under attack from a horde of aliens, and you must stop them in your armed buggy. Drive along the surface shooting the aliens and avoiding their bullets. The surface is not flat, there are craters and rocks to avoid contact with, and landmines on the surface. Flying saucers create new craters when they crash. The 25 restart points are letter-coded.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Patrulha Lunar" -- Brazilian title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for the MSX release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesThe Arcade version of Moon Patrol appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
Cancelled Spectrum versionIn one of the stranger moments in Sinclair Spectrum history, a version of this game was completed but never released, despite a great review from Crash! magazine. A handful of copies exist, but never reached a shop floor.
InnovationAccording to the 2007 documentary Chasing Ghosts: Beyond the Arcade, Irem's 1982 arcade version of Moon Patrol (distributed in North America by Williams) was the first arcade game to allow gameplay continuation with score retention by inserting another coin. Thus, for the first time, one's high score wasn't solely a matter of how far a player could get on a single coin, but rather a function of how many quarters they wanted to sink into the machine.
Furthermore, the game is credited with introducing parallax background scrolling to video games to imply depth.
- Issue 04/1984 – #3 Arcade Game of the Year 1983 (Readers' Vote)
Related Web Sites
- AtariMania (Atari 2600) (for Atari 2600: database; downloadable releases; artwork; additional material)
- AtariMania (Atari 5200) (for Atari 5200: database; downloadable releases; artwork; additional material)
- AtariMania (Atari 8-bit) (for Atari 8-bit: database; downloadable releases; artwork; additional material)
- AtariMania (Atari ST) (for Atari ST: database; downloadable releases; artwork; additional material)
- Game Base 64 (for C64: Downloadable links, Database, Music, Emulation, Frontends, Reviews and Articles)
- Game Oldies (Nintendo Game Boy Color) (for (Nintendo Game Boy Color): online emulation of games Moon Patrol and Spy Hunter)
- Lemon 64 (for C64: games, reviews and music)
- MSX Generation (for MSX: catalogue; cover art; additional material)
- My Abandonware (for PC Booter and C64: downloadable releases; online versions; additional material)
- The International Arcade Museum (extensive information about the arcade game machine)
- Virtual Apple 2 - Online disk archive (for Apple II: online emulation of game (for Windows and Mac); downloadable releases; additional material)
- Wikipedia (combined platform entry)
- YouTube (John's Arcade Game Reviews & Tech) (for Arcade version: gameplay and detailed explanation on an authentic Arcade. )
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.