DescriptionThis is mostly the parody of Gradius (Nemesis on some systems), with some flavor from other shoot-em-ups, like Twinbee. The series is available on numerous platforms.
The game is a right-to-left scrolling shoot-em-up. You can choose from 4 different flying creatures, with different weapons. You must finish 7 stages, each having a boss at the end. You may start at either one, but must complete every level to advance to the final stage.
There are no promo images for this game
- "パロディウスだ! 神話からお笑いへ" -- Japanese SNES spelling
- "Parodius: Non-Sense Fantasy" -- European SNES title
- "Parodius Da!" -- Alternate title
- "Parodius 1" -- Informal title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
|Joystick (French)||TurboGrafx-16||Apr, 1992||93 out of 100||93|
|Computer and Video Games (CVG)||Game Boy||Sep, 1991||92 out of 100||92|
|ASM (Aktueller Software Markt)||SNES||Sep, 1992||11 out of 12||92|
|N-Force||Game Boy||Sep, 1992||91 out of 100||91|
|Computer and Video Games (CVG)||TurboGrafx-16||Apr, 1992||90 out of 100||90|
|Video Games||Game Boy||May, 1992||87 out of 100||87|
|Total! (Germany)||Game Boy||May, 1994||1.75 out of 6||85|
|ASM (Aktueller Software Markt)||NES||Sep, 1992||10 out of 12||83|
|Power Play||Arcade||Aug, 1990||4 out of 5||80|
|Video Games||NES||Aug, 1992||44 out of 100||44|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|Isn't the MSX version a different game?||2||Terok Nor (25969)
Nov 19, 2010
European versionThere are a few changes in the European SNES version:
- During the intro, a cigarette was removed
- In the Japanese version, the clown enemies in stage two have a Christian cross. This was changed to a wind-up key.
- A background picture of a naked woman in level three, a parody of The Birth of Venus, was removed.
- The licking animations of the stage three bosses were removed.
- The bunny costumes and ears of female enemies in stage seven were removed.
- Power Play
- Issue 02/1993 – #2 Best SNES Game in 1992
- Issue 02/1993 – #2 Best Handheld Game in 1992