missing cover art
DescriptionRoad Avenger dates from the era when interactive movies (e.g. Dragon's Lair, Escape from Cybercity, Time Gal...) with film-quality graphics, but limited player movement, were highly popular.
Players assume the role of an angry cop on a wild ride as he pursues a gang of bikers who killed his wife. Players need to race through oncoming traffic, squeeze between trucks, trash motorcycles and steer through lots of explosions. The only thing needed are quick reflexes to follow the instructions on the screen (with an increasing difficulty) in order to keep the animation going.
The action is shown from a first-person view and fast-paced, while still maintaining smooth and detailed anime drawn graphics.
There are no MSX user screenshots for this game.
There are 20 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Road Prosecutor" -- US LaserActive title
- "Road Blaster FX" -- Japanese Mega-CD title
- "Road Blaster" -- Japanese title
- "ロードブラスターＦＸ" -- Japanese Mega-CD spelling
- "ロードブラスター" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
Theme songThe catchy theme song is performed by the Japanese rock band J-Walk, who are known as Jaywalk nowadays.
Related Web Sites
- Video review of the system (WARNING: Language) (The Angry Video Game Nerd, James Rolfe, reviews the Sega CD and gives brief reviews of some games, including Road Avenger.)