DescriptionIn the Muncher, based on the sweets product Chewits, the player takes the role of a prehistoric monster on its quest to retrieve its eggs from Japanese explorers.
At the bottom line this plays out as destroying as many houses and attackers as possible to get a high score. The monster has a variety of moves to its disposal, depending on if it is on the ground or currently climbing a building, which includes a limited amount of fireballs. These can be recharged by eating petrol trucks. Another important gameplay mechanics are the above mentioned eggs: if found, they can be brought to waste disposal sites which are abused as breeding grounds. There they basically act as extra lives. When another giant monster is encountered, the screen stops to scroll until it or the player is defeated.
There are no promo images for this game
- "T-Wrecks" -- Working title
- "The Muncher eats Chewits" -- Loading screen title
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
|Sinclair User||ZX Spectrum||Aug, 1988||94 out of 100||94|
|Computer and Video Games (CVG)||Commodore 64||Dec, 1988||77 out of 100||77|
|ACE (Advanced Computer Entertainment)||Commodore 64||Jul, 1989||650 out of 1000||65|
|Power Play||Commodore 64||Jun, 1989||44 out of 100||44|
|ASM (Aktueller Software Markt)||Commodore 64||May, 1989||4.4 out of 12||37|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Game Base 64 (for C64: Games, Database, Music, Emulation, Frontends, Reviews and Articles)
- Lemon, a C64 database (for C64: games, reviews and music)
- Wikipedia (free Encyclopedia entry)
- World of Spectrum (for ZX Spectrum: downloadable releases; additional material; player reviews; magazine references; magazine adverts)