DescriptionMy Little Pony Friendship is Magic: Adventures in Ponyville is a game based on the 2010 My Little Pony animated TV series. The protagonist is a young girl pony who sets off to the town of Ponyville in hopes of getting her "cutie mark", a meaningful symbol that appears on a pony's body once they discover what do they want to do in life. The mark will appear for our protagonist once she receives the maximum amount of points in five categories that represent the "Elements of Frienship": Kindness, Generosity, Honesty, Laughter and Loyalty.
The pony protagonist, whose appearance is created by the player from pre-made elements, wanders around Ponyville, visiting ponies that need help in their workplaces. Visiting a pony activates a minigame. Each minigame offers a chance to earn points - large amounts of points unlock new elements for your pony character's appearance - and, by filling certain secondary objectives, Friendship Sparkles, which increase the amount of points in a specific Element of Friendship category. Every minigame also features a "health" meter; once it runs out, the minigame's over, and the player receives their earned score and Sparkles.
- Visiting Applejack on her farm activates a minigame where the player must quickly gather apples from trees before they go bad (otherwise the "health" meter decreases), then carry the apple-filled baskets to the cart. The player receives score for every delivered basket; there are green, yellow and red apples popping up on the trees, the latter worth more points. Occasionally, a pair of ruffian boys will sneak in to steal the apples; by clicking on them, the player scares them away, which gives a number of Friendship Sparkles for Kindness, Honesty and Loyalty.
- Pinkie Pie at the Sugarcube Corner shop needs help with packing sweets for the customers. Boxes move along on a conveyor belt, and the player must pick up the right sweets from the tables and fill each box with the right number of right sweets. Having a box move to the end of the belt without the requisite sweets inside decreases the "health" meter. Score is received for each box that makes it to the end while filled properly. Pinkie Pie drops in constantly to refill the empty tables; sometimes she will show hunger, at which point feeding her one of the sweets will give Friendship Sparkles for Generosity and Laughter.
- Rainbow Dash needs help clearing the clouds from the sky. Thanks to having gained wings through magic, you take off into the skies along with another pony. Moving your pony around with the arrow keys, you have to gather the white clouds for score, while avoiding storm clouds that decrease the "health" meter. Occasionally, your friend gets tired, at which point flying under her to lift her up gives Friendship Sparkles for Kindness, Generosity and Loyalty.
Once the player completes the game for the first time by maxing out the Element meters and getting a cutie mark, they can create a pegasus character; two completed cutie marks allow creating an unicorn character.
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Adventures in Ponyville (Play the game online. )
- Game Design as Cultural Practice: Adventures in Ponyville (An analysis of the game from a gender theory standpoint. )
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.