DescriptionAfter two years under the rock, Gruntilda is finally set free from her death bed by her two sisters. As nothing but a skeleton, Grunty and her sisters plan a way of curing her looks by sucking life out of the land so as to restore her body to its old self. On hearing this news, our two champs Banjo and Kazooie, with the aid of Mumbo, set out to stop the evil plan and seek revenge for the passing away of Bottles the mole.
In this sequel to Banjo-Kazooie, you can play as the two main characters (as well as Mumbo) just like before, although they can now separate, helping them get to even harder areas of the land. You must collect jiggies to open new areas (like in the original game) as well as learn 40 new moves to help you get along.
Similarly with another Rareware title, Donkey Kong 64, you can play four-player mini-games that range from first-person shooters to bumper cars, battle for points etc.
- "バンジョーとカズーイの大冒険２" -- Japanese spelling
- "Banjo to Kazooie no Daibouken 2" -- Japanese title
Part of the Following Groups
|How to do a Sequel 101||Lawnmower Man (140)|
|Not as good as the first but still an excellent game.||MegaMegaMan (2260)|
|Better than the first||gamewarrior (5062)|
|Retroage||Oct 02, 2010||10 out of 10||100|
|Nintendo Land||2003||99 out of 100||99|
|Power Unlimited||Mar, 2001||9.6 out of 10||96|
|Quebec Gamers||Oct 14, 2002||9.2 out of 10||92|
|Electric Playground||2000||9 out of 10||90|
|Cubed3||Aug 26, 2003||9 out of 10||90|
|Game Revolution||Dec 01, 2000||B+||83|
|Random Access||Nov 27, 2014||7 out of 10||70|
|Gamekult||Mar 26, 2001||6 out of 10||60|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|360 screenshots ?||4||Sciere (330255)
Mar 16, 2009
1001 Video GamesBanjo-Tooie appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
Banjo-KazooieRare originally planned a Stop and Swap feature for the game. Items collected in Banjo-Kazooie could be transferred to Banjo-Tooie by pulling the Banjo-Kazooie cartridge while playing and inserting the other cartridge. Some of the planned items included coloured eggs and the ice key. Eventually, the feature was cancelled as they feared some data would be corrupted.
MultiplayerOriginally Rare was planning on having a 2 player mode called "Bottles Revenge" where one player would play through the game as normal and the other would play as Devil Bottle's and try and stop Player 1 from completing tasks. Player 2 would try and stop Player 1 by possessing nearby enemies and using the enemies unique abilities against Banjo. Unfortunately because Banjo-Tooie was so far behind schedule Rare had to scrap the idea by deactivating it at the last minute.
- In Banjo-Kazooie Kazooie insults Bottles by calling him "Jam Jars". In this game the mole who helps you (Bottles' brother) just happens to have that name.
- Sabreman, the protagonist of this Sabre Wulf, makes a cameo in this game. In the level Hailfire Peaks, he can be seen frozen holding the lost amulet right outside the train station on the icy side. Also, the combination for Superstash's safe is 1984, the year Sabre Wulf initially was released.
Related Web Sites
- Wikipedia: Banjo-Tooie (Information about Banjo-Tooie at Wikipedia)
- X360A Achievement Guide (X360A's achievement guide for Banjo-Tooie.)
The Banjo‑Tooie Team: