GOG Sale: 50% off Witcher 3! 80% off D&D classic games (Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, etc)

Mortal Kombat 4 (Nintendo 64)

Written by  :  ThE oNe (178)
Written on  :  Oct 17, 2002
Platform  :  Nintendo 64
Rating  :  2.75 Stars2.75 Stars2.75 Stars2.75 Stars2.75 Stars

read more reviews by ThE oNe

Pretty good game, but could be better

The Good

Firstly, the graphics are overall very good. Each character looks different and the smooth gameplay and unchoppy fighting is definitely something to praise. There are a lot of characters, including the welcoming return (in my opinion) of Johnny Cage. There are also new characters, but they weren't really that great. Goro is back, and although Motaro and Shoa Kahn have gone, I feel that Shinnok taking their place is good enough. Sound is quite good, and the sfx are great.

The Bad

Well, you can pretty much throw the idea of music away for Mortal Kombat. In all Mortal Kombats I've played, I just find myself wanting to disable music. The background music is somewhat better in this one than the others, but it still doesnt live up to the amazing music of Killer Instinct, where each character has their own music and stage, and their music goes right with them. I wouldn't say this game had accomplished anything musicwise.

The Bottom Line

Graphics, sound and gameplay are good, and music is horrible. This game still deserves my rating, which is ( 4 / 5 )