DescriptionTony Hawk's Pro Skater is a skateboarding simulation in which you control a famous skate star around 3D environments. Each game area contains a plethora of objects like ramps, rails, and half-pipes which can be used to perform tricks. Each trick you perform earns you more points for your score.
The game is divided into two types of levels. In the first, you skate around locations like a mall, a city street, or a warehouse. In each of these areas, there are 5 goals to complete. Some goals involve obtaining a high score, others smashing objects, and some collecting objects. For every goal you complete, you earn a video tape. By collecting enough video tapes, you unlock levels and skateboards for you to use. There are 6 levels like this. The second type of level is a competition. You get to make 3 timed runs through a skate park, and attempt to get the highest score possible. If you do well enough, you will beat the scores of the computer controlled skaters and win a medal. There are 3 levels like this.
There are nine real life pro skaters you can choose to play as, including Tony Hawk himself. Each skater has their own signature moves that earn you big points if pulled off successfully.
- "托尼霍克职业滑板" -- Chinese Title (Simplified)
- "Tony Hawk's Skateboarding" -- European title
- "THPS" -- informal abbreviation
Part of the Following Groups
- Licensed Title: Athletes
- PlayStation Greatest Hits releases
- PlayStation Platinum Range releases
- Tony Hawk skateboarding series
There are no reviews for the Nintendo 64 release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|Total! (Germany)||Mar, 2000||1.25 out of 6||95|
|Gaming Target||Jul 27, 2000||9.2 out of 10||92|
|Eurogamer.net (UK)||Jun 03, 2000||9 out of 10||90|
|HappyPuppy||Apr 18, 2000||9 out of 10||90|
|Retroage||Nov 10, 2010||8.7 out of 10||87|
|Mega Fun||Apr, 2000||86 out of 100||86|
|The Video Game Critic||May 08, 2014||B+||83|
|Just Games Retro||Mar 24, 2014||80|
|Gamers' Republic||Apr, 2000||B||75|
There are currently no topics for this game.
DemoA demo of the game was available for a limited time from Pizza Hut.
SoundtrackThe soundtrack includes the following songs:
- Dead Kennedys - Police Truck
- Evenrude - Vilifed
- Goldfinger - Superman
- Primus - Jerry Was a Racecar Driver
- Speedealer - Nothing to Me
- Speedealer - Screamer
- Suicidal Tendencies - Cyco Vision
- The Ernies - Here & Now
- The Suicide Machines - New Girl
- Unsane - Committed
- The Vandals - Euro-Barge
- Grand Unified - Le Hot
- Aim (feat. YZ) - Ain't Got Time to Waste
- Aquasky - Blue Thunder
- Game Informer
- August 2001 (Issue #100) - #36 in the "Top 100 Games of All Time" poll
Related Web Sites
- Wikipedia: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater (Information about Tony Hawk's Pro Skater at Wikipedia)
Exec. VP Worldwide Studios:
Director of Marketing:
Sr. V.P. International: