DescriptionThis Nancy Drew adventure takes place on an island in the Pacific Northwest where she goes to do some whale-watching. The mystery centers around an Orca whale that has appeared in the channel. Everyone in the town of Snake Horse Harbor has a different opinion about what should be done about the whale, including the person who invited you there, Katie Firestone. Evidently Katie has ruffled someone's feathers because her tour boat is vandalized and she received a threatening note to "stop meddling." Something sinister is certainly going on here, and Nancy begins to investigate.
You play Nancy Drew as she explores the island on foot, bicycle or in a kayak. Hit the beach and build a sandcastle or search the lighthouse. Visit the Whale Center and the Hot Kettle Cafe.
Like other games in the series, this is a point-and-click game that involves talking to several characters and solving puzzles to unravel the mystery.
- "Nancy Drew 9" -- Common Name
Part of the Following Groups
|One of the best in the series||Jeanne (75500)|
|My Review||krysten casper (2)|
|Just Adventure||Oct 14, 2003||A||100|
|GameBoomers||Jan 05, 2004||A||100|
|GamerDad||Nov 18, 2003||90|
|GameZone||Nov 06, 2003||8 out of 10||80|
|Adventurearchiv||Jan 14, 2004||80 out of 100||80|
|Tap-Repeatedly/Four Fat Chicks||Oct, 2003||80|
|Adventure Gamers||Nov 24, 2003||70|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaThis is the first Nancy Drew game to be distributed by Atari.
Related Web Sites
- Hints for Deception Island (These question and answer hints give you gentle nudges before the final solutions are revealed.)
- Nancy Drew: Danger on Deception Island (Complete solution for Danger on Deception Island)
- Nancy Drew: Danger on Deception Island (product page on the Her Interactive website)
- TallyHo's Walkthrough (Another good full solution for Deception Island)