DescriptionThe 8th in the HerInteractive game series based on the Nancy Drew books finds Nancy in Jersey investigating strange happenings in the Captain's Cove Amusement Park. Not only did a serious accident occur when the rollercoaster mysteriously lost power, but in the middle of the night the beautiful antique carousel has hauntingly begun to start by itself!
You, as Nancy Drew, will go behind the scenes into the workings of theme park rides, talk to people (all of whom have secrets to hide), and solve the puzzles while digging into the carousel's past and unveiling the culprit behind the sabotage. Like other games in the series, the game uses a point and click interface, an inventory and several difficulty choices.
- "Nancy Drew 8" -- common name
Part of the Following Groups
|Honest-to-goodness, downright FUN!||Jeanne (75421)|
|Just Adventure||Sep 02, 2003||A||100|
|GameZone||Sep 09, 2003||8.8 out of 10||88|
|GamerDad||Oct 01, 2003||80|
|GameZebo||Apr 28, 2008||80|
|GameBoomers||Jan 05, 2004||B||75|
|Adventure Gamers||Feb 23, 2004||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaNancy Drew: The Haunted Carousel has won the following awards:
- Museum of Science, Boston - 2003 Top Choice Software Award
- Parents' Choice 2003 Gold Award, Best Software, ages 10-18
- iParenting Media, 2003 Best Software Award
Related Web Sites
- Nancy Drew 8: The Haunted Carousel Walkthrough (An excellent solution guide for this game by Kuderna and Shaw)
- Nancy Drew Mystery Games from Her Interactive Inc. (Her Interactive's ND8 site where you can purchase the game or go to their Message Board for help)
- Nancy Drew: "The Haunted Carousel" (Betty Isbell's version of the full solution)
- UHS: Nancy Drew: The Haunted Carousel Hints (Rather than using a walkthrough, try these question and answer hints. They will help you solve the game without spoiling it for you.)