DescriptionThe night racing scene makes its way onto the PSP with Rivals. This version has been "tuned" to better display the racing graphics and animations on the smaller screen. There are 24 licensed cars, 10 of which are muscle cars. The 8 games modes include: Drift Attack, Nitrous Run, Drag Race, Car Spec, Lap Knockout, Circuit, and a new one for the PSP - Rally Relay. The 10 racing circuits feature track layouts exclusive to this version. You can tune and customize your cars like the other games in the Underground Series and you can have a Pocket Garage to show them off.
If you decide to go head-to-head via Wi-Fi, watchout 'cause you opponent could own your car if they win. Get up to 4 people to play together via Wi-Fi as well.
What would Underground be without the great music tracks? Rivals is no exception, it has 38 tracks already seen, but it also has 6 new songs with the music videos to them.
- "ニード・フォー・スピード アンダーグラウンド ライバルズ" -- Japanese title
- "니드 포 스피드 : 언더그라운드 라이벌" -- Korean Spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- Automobile: Chevrolet Corvette
- Automobile: Ford Focus
- Automobile: Mazda MX-5 / Miata / Roadster
- Automobile: Mazda RX-7
- Automobile: Mazda RX-8
- Automobile: Mitsubishi Lancer
- Automobile: Subaru Impreza
- Automobile: Toyota Celica
- Automobile: Volkswagen Golf
- Need for Speed series
- NFS Underground series
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
|1UP||Mar 18, 2005||8 out of 10||80|
|GameZone||Apr 19, 2005||8 out of 10||80|
|GamePro (US)||Mar 22, 2005||4 out of 5||80|
|Softpedia||Nov 13, 2006||8 out of 10||80|
|GameSpot||Mar 17, 2005||7.9 out of 10||79|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Sep 05, 2005||14 out of 20||70|
|GameSpy||Mar 25, 2005||70|
|Factornews||Sep 09, 2005||7 out of 10||70|
|UOL Jogos||Apr 26, 2005||60|
|Digital Press - Classic Video Games||May 01, 2005||5 out of 10||50|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaOn 1st November 2007, EA closed their servers for multiplayer games, for the PSP version.
Related Web Sites
- EA Games: Need for Speed Underground (Official homepage for Need for Speed Underground: Rivals.)
- IGCD Internet Game Cars Database (Game page on IGCD, a database that tries to archive vehicles found in video games.)
Developed at EA Canada:
Senior Development Director: