DescriptionThe sequel to 1942, which is still a vertically scrolling shooter, has the player once again fighting over the clouds during the second world war, this time in an intense battle just off the coast of Midway islands.
Updates to the gameplay include an energy bar, which can be run down by either being hit from incoming fire or using a special weapon. The energy bar can be replenished by picking up power-ups, while special weapons (lightning, cyclones and waves) can knock down all fighters on the screen at the time.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Capcom Arcade Cabinet: 1943" -- PS3 title
- "1943 ミッドウェイ海戦" -- Japanese spelling
- "1943: The Battle of Valhalla" -- Japanese NES title
- "1943: Midway Kaisen" -- Japanese title
Part of the Following Groups
- 194x series
- Aircraft: P-38 Lightning
- Genre: Scrolling shoot 'em up
- Historical conflict: World War II
|Basic but addictive.||RussS (819)|
|HonestGamers||Apr 26, 2008||9 out of 10||90|
|Video Game Den||Dec 14, 2011||80|
|Retro Game Age||Sep 01, 2014||8 out of 10||80|
|Hardcore Gaming 101||2000||8 out of 10||80|
|The Video Game Critic||Oct 24, 2000||B||75|
|Retro Game Reviews||Mar 10, 2015||70|
|Sharkberg||Dec 03, 2015||60|
|Ultimate Nintendo: Guide to the NES Library||2016||60|
|Game Freaks 365||2005||5.6 out of 10||56|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesThe Arcade version of 1943 appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
Related Web Sites
- Video review of NES accessories (WARNING: Laguage) (The Angry Video Game Nerd, James Rolfe, reviews some NES accessories and some associated games, including the Roll & Rocker and 1943: The Battle of Midway on NES.)
- Wikipedia: 1943: The Battle of Midway (article in the open encyclopedia about the game)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.