Action 52 (NES)

0.7
Written by  :  Satoshi Kunsai (1813)
Written on  :  Mar 02, 2004

read more reviews by Satoshi Kunsai

Summary

BWAAAAAA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

The Good

I've got 52 OTHER games to pick from in my NES library, and then some!!

The Bad

You wanna talk about jokes? Here's the ultimate joke for you: 52 piles of CRAP, meant to be games...no wait, I take that back...52 MISTAKES OF HUMAN LOGIC passing themselves off as the ultimate game collection!!

What's so bad about this miscreation? All of the "games" on here look more like BASIC games a kindergartner could write while hopped up on Kool-Aid and Oreos! There's ZERO variety between any of the games; in fact, this is my worst nightmare: I'm shopping for new games, but I can ever find is the SAME game just packaged many, MANY times over! *cold sweat*

Anyway, just how bad can they be? Here's some examples: the game "StarEvil" is a VERY generic vertical shmup, with lousy controls, no weapons, and the same stage repeating itself and almost NO enemies!! "Haunted Hill" is a pitiful excuse of a Castlevania clone with no power-ups, no threat from enemies, and...lousy controls! Need I continue? Very well...the cart's apparent flagship title, "Action Gamemaster", has about the only amusing scene in this whole pile of schlock: a kid having massive seizure while playing his video games...er...not really, but the intro is so badly drawn that I don't blame you for thinking the same thing. And from initial impression, you think you MIGHT be getting at LEAST a slightly mediocre platformer, you instead get a stupid Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (NES version, of course) clone, with...WOW!!! Lousy controls!! And asinine gameplay! And no power-ups! No ways of recovering lost health! Sound effects that sound like my NES just blew its top! And...horrible graphics!! *gasp* OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH....HOW IMPRESSIVE!! *Sarcasm Meter: BOOOOOOOOM!!!!*

Last but not least, this was a collection unleashed onto an unsuspecting world by some guy in a basement in Florida who thought that 12 year old kids who owned an NES would rather spend $200 to get ONE cartridge full of schlock instead of 4 or 5 excellent, top-notch, AAA NES titles available at the time. Someone should find him and execute him in public.

The Bottom Line

To the crackpot who thought unleashing this collection of his "games" was a good idea: when I was 12 years old, $200 got me Ninja Gaiden II, Mega Man 4, Tetris, Castlevania 3, and Final Fantasy....I love Christmas! ^_^