Bad Dudes (NES)

3.3
Written by  :  Mr. Huh (112)
Written on  :  May 25, 2004
Platform  :  NES
Rating  :  3.75 Stars3.75 Stars3.75 Stars3.75 Stars3.75 Stars

read more reviews by Mr. Huh

Summary

I'm BAD! Infact This is so Bad that it's GOOD!

The Good

In this game your two dudes. The plot is equally hilarious as Duke Nukem comes in with two sentences. The President has been kidnapped by Ninjas. Are you a bad enough dude to rescue the president? The dudes after that get their sweat pants and go on a path to beat down many ninjas. What other story said so much in two short sentences? It's so simple that you can literally make a Hollywood movie about this game.

The graphics are pretty good for being ported from a 16 bit arcade machine to a 8 bit console

The voices while bad and disoriented manages to become one of the best spoken lines in video game history right there with WISE FRWOM YOUR GWAVE

The music is pretty memorable and fits with the loads of beatdown your about to dish out to ninjas

The Ending is hilarious and totally out there.

The Bad

The game's inferior compared to it's arcade counterpart

The game's walking is not smooth like it's arcade

The fighting system is shallow compared to other games of it's time such as Final Fight and Double Dragon.

The boss with the stick is a damn cheater

Why do the ninjas go down so easily? I guess the standard for ninja toughness went down a few notches.

The Bottom Line

I'd give this game a solid 7/10 because the cheese is so good that you actually do enjoy this game. I mean you go around beating ninjas then drinking sodas and the environments are diverse enough. Though for the life of me why do they go through the sewer? So a Solid 7/10 is what this game gets. Give it a chance and the cheese will overwhelm and give you enjoyment!