New MobyGoal! We're aiming for 1,500 well documented Arcade games.

Bad Street Brawler (NES)

Bad Street Brawler NES Title screen

MISSING COVER

2.5
Written by  :  Arejarn (726)
Written on  :  Jul 10, 2008
Platform  :  NES
Rating  :  1.25 Stars1.25 Stars1.25 Stars1.25 Stars1.25 Stars

read more reviews by Arejarn

Summary

Unusual, your name is Bad Street Brawler!

The Good

Well, to be honest: the concept of this game confuses me. I suppose that some of the elements of Bad Street Brawler are original while also being very, very strange.

The Bad

First of all, lets talk about the main character. Now on the first screen, he looks okay. But when you go into gameplay, he just looks plain stupid! Who decided to make him wear a yellow tank top, extra short shorts (which are also yellow) and short yellow TIGHTS!

I think I said enough about him (for now). When you try to fight, you are given new moves each stage and some of them just don't work or they are plain ridiculous and you have to try to get used to them right after you got used to the last set of attacks you had.

The music is frustrating especially when you die. But that's not it. You are submitted to a 40 second loop of rubbish music which will wear down on your brain cells. One last thing, the enemies. Who even THOUGHT it would be a good idea to put skateboarders, basketball players and hip hop dancers in a fighting game.

There are many more enemies which I am failing to mention, but let's leave this game alone for now. I might come back to it in a few years time to see how we improved in gaming technology since the time of the NES.

The Bottom Line

Bad Street Brawler, is a very abnormal game, but not in a good way. This game may seem "cute" and "funny". But it is not worth your time or money. if you were looking for a good fighting game, you better pop street fighter 2 in your gaming console and enjoy that. Trust me, it took a very long time to enjoy Bad Street Brawler.