DescriptionBomberman was a robot in a bomb making factory who longed for his freedom. Rumors circulated that escaping to the surface would allow the robot to become human. Getting out would be the trick. Each room is inhabited by monsters that must be neutralized and the exit itself hidden underneath bricks.
The first of the Bomberman series, Bomberman is a single-player game with a top down view and simplistic controls. In fact, in addition to movement, you only have a single ability: placing bombs. Each bomb explodes into a cross-shaped blast (four directions) which can destroy either enemies or blocks. Power-ups may be found to increase the size of the blast, place additional bombs, increase the speed of the Bomberman or to walk through walls. Your goal on each level is to destroy all enemies and escape through the exit before the time limit is up. Hitting the exit with a bomb blast releases more enemies which must also be destroyed.
- "炸弹人" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Eric and the Floaters" -- Re-branded MSX/ZX Spectrum title
- "Bomber Man" -- Alternate title
- "ボンバーマン" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- Bomberman games
- Classic NES / Famicom Mini / NES Classics releases
- Games made into TV series
- Protagonist: Robot
|Great Hudson Soft classic!||Gustavo Henrique dos Santos (59)|
The Press Says
|All Game Guide||1998||80|
|HonestGamers||Jun 17, 2013||8 out of 10||80|
|GameCola.net||Oct, 2003||8 out of 10||80|
|NES Archives||Jun 10, 2002||C-||42|
There are currently no topics for this game.
Development historyThe NES/Famicom version of the game was programmed entirely by Shinichi Nakamoto in three sleepless days...incredible for a game that ended up selling over a million copies. Apparently Nakamoto had a habit of chewing gum as he programmed, and when he ran out of gum he started chewing on pencils instead without even looking away from the screen.
Related Web Sites
- Classic NES Series for the Game Boy Advance (Covers the line-up of the new Game Boy Advance series of NES Classics.)
- Wikipedia: Bomberman (Information about Bomberman at Wikipedia)