Bubble Bobble (NES)

Written by  :  OverRide (10)
Written on  :  May 09, 2004
Platform  :  NES
Rating  :  3.75 Stars3.75 Stars3.75 Stars3.75 Stars3.75 Stars

read more reviews by OverRide

Summary

One of my fav's!

The Good

Defiantly the game play and its originality is what has me coming back for more! I can’t seem to get bored of this one. Lots of great levels (100 of them to be exact…and a few bonus ones), enemies and bizarre power ups help to make this game a little different each time you play it.

The frustration level of this game is minimum. Some levels are a breeze while others will take a few men or continues to get through. For the most part it’s a good challenge trying to tackle all 100 levels.

The game play and graphics are certainly not as smooth as the arcade original, and the sound track, though good, can drive a man insane after 100 levels.

I personally think Taito did a great job with this one, keeping it simple is what keeps it fun.

The Bad

I found the graphics would start to flicker when more then 7 or 8 items were on the screen at once. This is very annoying at first, but you stop noticing it after a while.

The song is very catchy and well done, but it becomes a little much after about 20 levels. Especially considering you have 80 more to go.

And it would be nice if a second player could jump in at any time. Like in the arcade version. Unfortunately sacrificing yourself and then continuing with 2 players is your only option.

The Bottom Line

This one's a lot of fun. Two player or One. If you come across this cart, its worth the buy.