Bump 'N' Jump (NES)

3.4
Written by  :  *Katakis* (37841)
Written on  :  Jan 11, 2005
Platform  :  NES

read more reviews by *Katakis*

Summary

Lovely

The Good

Bump 'n' Jump is one of my favorite games, and it has a simple plot to follow: you control a vehicle that is trying to make its way from start to finish without any hassles. Unfortunately, you fail because other vehicles come up behind you, eventually passing you, and try to ram you off the road. And if you get too close to trucks, they will drop an obstacle on the road from the back of it. You have no weapons to deal with these vehicles, but you can do the same to them and ram the vehicles off the road for points, and the more cars you crash, the more points that you get. As you drive, your fuel runs low, so you have to get some more (in the shape of a red "P").

There are gaps between the road, so you have to jump over them, but you have to jump at the right moment. A warning sign will flash if you approach gaps. If you are lucky, you may jump onto the top of other cars to kill them. As you progress further into the game, the levels will be much difficult, and cars will become more aggressive.

Bump 'n Jump reminds me of playing the Commodore 64 version of Burnin' Rubber, where I can recall crashing cars and getting to the finish line with no problems, and as I proceed through the levels. the game got rather challenging. It was fun, I nearly played it every day.

The Nintendo NES version of Bump 'n' Jump is excellent as well, and it beats the Atari 2600 and Intellivision versions hands down. As well as the gameplay, the graphics are great with a lot of scenery which make you feel like you are driving on highways, through canyons, and near beaches. The sounds are great. There are four pieces of music in the game, and the piece that I love the most is the last one, which is played during level four of the game.

The Bad

Nothing.

The Bottom Line

Of all the versions of Bump 'n' Jump, I recommend playing the NES version. I'm sure that it has some features that are not found in the other versions.

Rating: ****