CheetahMen II (NES)

0.8
Written by  :  Simoneer (30)
Written on  :  Oct 08, 2010

read more reviews by Simoneer

Summary

Seriously the worst game I've ever played

The Good

• The opening cutscene. Doctor Morbis is awesome.
  • It ends if you shut it off
  • I love to hate it. Gives me a warm feeling inside.
  • The Bad

• Everything?
  • Glitchy, far-from-enjoyable gameplay
  • Terribly coded
  • Bland stages
  • Awful enemy patterns
  • Bad music
  • Everything?
  • Everything.
  • The Bottom Line

The biggest piece of crap I've unfortunately played. It's so hard to even describe just how bad this is...

You can die because you jump off of a platform. Enemies can go through the ground and hit you. Movement is choppy, precision jumps impossible. You have a weapon, but you can't even shoot most enemies using it, and there's no other way that I know of to kill them. The music sucks. The graphics suck and often bugs out. Bah. I'm almost at loss of words here. I just can't describe how awful this is. It needs to be experienced.

That said, by all means, try it out if you have the chance! If nothing else, just so you'll be able to mention this when people think they know what the worst game is (when they mention games like Action 52, E.T., Dr. Jekyll & Mr Hyde, Back to the Future, Nightmare on Elm Street, Superman 64, etc. -- all which have a certain fun factor to them, and some which have decent coding, contrary to this piece of crap). I know this doesn't mean much given the subjectiveness of it, but I've played probably around a thousand games, and most of those have entertained me on some level. This game has not, not ever. I did not enjoy one second of it. It's the only game I've played that's frustrating to just play. Not because of difficulty, it just is. It's so terribly coded that I hate whoever programmed it.

I hate this game. But I love to hate it. And that's the only thing about it I really appreciate.