DescriptionThe game from Virgin based on the 1992 animated Disney film is a side-scrolling platformer.
The player controls Aladdin, who must make his way through several levels based on locations from the movie: from the streets and rooftops of Agrabah, the Cave of Wonders and the Sultan's dungeon to the final confrontation in Grand Vizier Jafar's palace. The Sultan's guards and also animals of the desert want to hinder Aladdin in his way. He can defend himself with his sword or by throwing apples. Next to apples, Aladdin can also collect gems which can be traded for lives and continues with a traveling trader. Finding Genie or Abu icons enables bonus rounds. The Genie bonus round is a game of luck played for apples, gems or extra lives. In Abu's bonus round, the player controls the little monkey who has to catch bonus items that fall from the sky, but without touching any of the unwanted objects like rocks and pots.
The game's humorous animations were created by Walt Disney Feature Animation.
- "Disneys Aladdin" -- German Game Boy title
- "アラジン" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for the NES release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
The Press Says
|Super Power (Sweden)||May, 1995||35 out of 100||35|
There are currently no topics for this game.
GraphicsThe 2D animation for Aladdin and the other characters of the game were done by actual Disney animators and artists who worked on the film.
MusicThe PC version Disney's Aladdin has digital music throughout the game, using .AMF files, a digital module format similar to .MODs. (AMF is the format used by Otto Chrons' Digital Sound and Music Interface, or DSMI. Another game that uses DSMI for sound,is Archon Ultra
NES MusicThe game's music was composed in Notator for the Atari ST as a MIDI file, then converted to the NES.
- In the level where Aladdin has to escape from the Palace Dungeon, eagle-eyed viewers may spot a familiar set of mouse ears located on one of the skulls in the background.
- In the Desert level for the Genesis (probably other versions as well), there's a clothes line with just some clothes and a Mickey Mouse hat!
- In the background in the "Inside the Lamp" level, a Sega Genesis can be seen in the background.
- On the Genesis, in the level "Escape from the Sultan's Palace", Sebastian from Disney's Ariel the Little Mermaid is hanging in chains.
- In the second level of the Mega Drive/Genesis version, the snakes closely resemble Sir Hiss (Prince John's henchman) from Disney's 1973 feature film, Robin Hood.
- Amiga Joker
- Issue 02/1996 – Best Dexterity Game in 1995 (Readers' Vote)
- Issue #4 - #13 in the "Top 100 Video Games of All-Time" list
- 1993 (Vol. #6, Issue #2) - Genesis Game of the Year
- Power Play
- Issue 02/1994 – Best Genesis Game in 1993
- Issue 02/1994 – Most Cuddly Sprite in 1993 (for Aladdin)